PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0555

Mike Evertsen
02-16-2004, 9:57 PM
I'm looking buying a bandsaw soon I read alot of good posts on the G0555
one question How good is the band saw for resawing???

Jim Becker
02-16-2004, 10:03 PM
The question you need to ask yourself is how much resawing will you be doing? If it will be your primary focus, you'll be happier with a stronger machine. But for general use with some resawing thrown in, a 14" saw like the Grizzly G0555 will probably satisfy for a long time. Keep in mind that the "bigger" the piece you want to resaw, you'll need to make a corresponding compromise in speed of cut...it's a horsepower thing.

Ray Dockrey
02-17-2004, 9:00 AM
I just got mine up and running over the weekend. I also ordered the riser kit with it. I am very impressed so far and very happy with it. I haven't cut to large a piece with it yet.I cut a four to five inch thick piece of pecan with it and it sliced right through it. If you order one, I would go ahead and get the riser kit and get some Timberwolf blades. The TW blades make a huge difference.

Jeff Skory
02-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Do most of you Grizzly GO555 owners replace both blades with Timberwolves or just the resaw blade?

And what size timberwolf blades do you order?

I am probably going to place my G0555 order in tonight.

Ray Dockrey
02-17-2004, 1:57 PM
Call Suffolk Machinery and they will ask you several questions and then make recommendations. They are considerably cheaper through Suffolk and very nice to deal with. I ordered some from them yesterday and they should be here Saturday. For mine they sold me a 3/4 inch 3tpi and a 1/4 6tpi. I wasn't sure the Grizz would tension the 3/4 properly but he told me not to worry about it that it would. He said to set the tension on the 3/4 mark and go at it. He also said they are fully gaurenteed. They were real nice to work with. The 3/4 was $22.50 and the 1/4 was $15.00 something. All together just under $42.00 including shipping. Not bad considering Woodcraft wanted $33.00 for a 1/2 3tpi blade plus tax.

Jeff Skory
02-17-2004, 5:27 PM
Thanks Ray. I'll call them after I order the saw.

Bruce Barker
10-31-2008, 11:33 AM
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to thank the forum for your collective guidance in finding a bandsaw. After studying this forum, I purchased a G0555 through eBay and the Cashback program, further reducing the price by $95. If you haven't discovered Cashback yet:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=943983#poststop