PDA

View Full Version : VL-200 & Vista Help

Joshua Gillum
12-01-2007, 2:36 PM
I just bought a new computer:cool: And it's running vista. Im not sure if im installing incorrectly or what but. I installed the software first then hooked up the usb cable etc etc. Then when i try to power on it will say "scanning" Please make sure usb is connected.

What am i doing wrong??

Mike Null
12-01-2007, 3:05 PM
Joshua

I can't give expert advice on this, only guesses, but I think Vista does not recognize your laser. My thought is to try to install it manually. Go to printers then, install new printer and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps.

Ruben Salcedo
12-01-2007, 3:35 PM
Joshua,
do you have the drivers for Vista?
if not, then call Universal or your sales rep. and ask for them,
previous drivers wont work in Vista.

Ruben

Lee DeRaud
12-01-2007, 3:50 PM
A few other responses in the same vein:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=57223

George Elston
12-02-2007, 8:56 AM
Not sure if it will help, I have a VL-200 but it is the newest version (v2.3), if you pm me with your email address I can send the newest drivers for vista. But not sure it will work with the previous version of VL-200. Isn't it funny that major problems happen as Tech Support closes for the weekend?

George Elston
12-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Not sure if it will help, I have a VL-200 but it is the newest version (v2.3), if you pm me with your email address I can send the newest drivers for vista. But not sure it will work with the previous version of VL-200. Isn't it funny that major problems happen as Tech Support closes for the weekend?

Ruben Salcedo
12-02-2007, 1:26 PM
George,
I heard they are totally different systems, your drivers will not work on the old VL-200, they had to develop a VL-200 specific drivers for Vista.

Ruben