PDA

View Full Version : Where is Kevin Gerstenecker?

Dennis Peacock
02-16-2004, 8:23 PM
I haven't seen Kevin here in a while now. Anybody know what happened to Kevin? Is he alright?

Dick Parr
02-16-2004, 8:43 PM
I was woundering the same thing this morning. It's not like him to be gone so long without any postings.

Chris Johnson
02-16-2004, 9:33 PM
Is he still "grounded"?

I haven't seen Kevin here in a while now. Anybody know what happened to Kevin? Is he alright?

John Miliunas
02-16-2004, 10:28 PM
Yeah, not only him, but Doc (Zach), as well. Haven't seen him around since Shep was a pup! Gads, I hope there's nothing wrong with either of them OR, if they're PO'd at us for something?! :(

Dennis Peacock
02-16-2004, 11:48 PM
I didn't know the first thing about being "grounded".

All I know is that Kevin had offered to help me get my turning and sanding techniques improved so my turnings wouldn't be so rough right before the process of sanding.

I have checked on Dr. Zack as well. No word and Bobby Hatfield hasn't heard from him either. Disappearing people from the board gets me to missing them and their posts.

John Miliunas
02-16-2004, 11:54 PM
I have checked on Dr. Zack as well. No word and Bobby Hatfield hasn't heard from him either. Disappearing people from the board gets me to missing them and their posts.

Yeah, Zack has been MIA for some time now and usually, you couldn't swing a cat by its tail without hitting a post or thread from Kevin, either! Don't know if either have their email links active via SMC, but I think I'll check that out. :cool:

John Miliunas
02-17-2004, 12:00 AM
Yeah, Zack has been MIA for some time now and usually, you couldn't swing a cat by its tail without hitting a post or thread from Kevin, either! Don't know if either have their email links active via SMC, but I think I'll check that out. :cool:

Hey guys...This is WEIRD! I just checked the members list to see if I could email the two guys in question. I got a short email out to Doc, but when I went to see if Kevin's worked, he's NOT THERE! Period! His name doesn't even show up in the members list anymore! Hmmmm...Wonder what happened?! :confused:

Update: Did a bit more checking and, it appears his last post was on the first of the month! Strange happenings! Anybody know him personally or live close to him?

Keith Outten
02-17-2004, 12:19 AM
Three of our members accounts have been temporarilly suspended for violating our Terms of Sevice. Based on a complaint from one of our members concerning improper behavior in our chat area I reviewed the chat logs. The logs contained several instances of personal and professional attacks against several of our members. I also found a chat session that involved racial overtones, frequent violent and abusive language and personal attacks against our staff members.

The three people were warned, and continually refused to abide by our TOS after the fact--there were even comments made that our Staff wouldn't do anything concerning their behavior.

The same rules and regulations that govern our public forums apply equally to our chat server.

Dr Zack was not involved in this situation and is still a member in good standing. Last week I noticed his name on the list of members logged in to our forums.

John Miliunas
02-17-2004, 7:48 AM
Oh! OK....Bummer. Didn't think that SMC's TOS were that tough to follow. Hope we see them back! Thanks for the info. :cool:

Todd Burch
02-17-2004, 8:50 AM
Looking through the member list, did not see Tom Sweeney or Ron Meadows either. Don't know if this is related. Hope they all come back. If this was the case, we all make mistakes, and all those guys I considered a value-add to this community.

Ken Salisbury
02-17-2004, 9:04 AM
Looking through the member list, did not see Tom Sweeney or Ron Meadows either. Don't know if this is related. Hope they all come back. If this was the case, we all make mistakes, and all those guys I considered a value-add to this community.

Tom Sweeney was not involved - his name does appear on the member list - you just missed it Todd :D

Todd Burch
02-17-2004, 9:57 AM
You're right - I was looking for Thomas Sweeney. OOPS! (Sorry Tom) :eek:

Tom Sweeney
02-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Thomas is much too formal for a guy like me :)
I'm familiar with what happened here. I won't comment on it except to agree with your earlier statement that we all make mistakes & that they added value to the forum. I hope we'll see them back sometime soon.

You're right - I was looking for Thomas Sweeney. OOPS! (Sorry Tom) :eek:

John Miliunas
02-17-2004, 1:16 PM
Thomas is much too formal for a guy like me :)
I'm familiar with what happened here. I won't comment on it except to agree with your earlier statement that we all make mistakes & that they added value to the forum. I hope we'll see them back sometime soon.

Hey guys, it's TOM! We was getting worried. You had best make your presence felt or everybody's gonna' start calling you "Thomas"! :D GREAT hearing from you! :cool:

Jim Stastny
02-17-2004, 1:25 PM
Oh! OK....Bummer. Didn't think that SMC's TOS were that tough to follow. Hope we see them back! Thanks for the info. :cool:
I'm not sure that they're hard to follow. They only require a modicum of decency and manners. That's what makes these kinds of situations so sad.