PDA

View Full Version : Another clamp cart question

Thomas Williams
12-01-2007, 9:54 AM
I am in need of a clamp cart. I have searched the board and found excellent examples of shop made clamp carts. I had decided to build a version of the NYW cart. However, I just got the latest Woodcraft flyer and it has the HTC clamp rack on sale for $50. Seems like a good deal. However, I have not been able to find any reviews of this clamp rack.
Does anyone have any input on this one?

Bruce Wrenn
12-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Can't tell you anything about the HTC, but I have built three of the NYW clamp carts. They are awesome. I built my first two by guestimating sizes. I used 68" for the sides, while the actual plans calls for 70". My verticals are 24" out to out. I have 28 Bessies and a bunch of other clamps on mine. One of the best thing I have built for my shop. All my clamps are in one place now. Glue and other clamps are in the bottom.

Mike Heidrick
12-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Check and see if the HTC cart is double sided like the Bessey. I think there was a limitation to that one. I went with a shopnotes on wall adjustable solution.

glenn bradley
12-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Mike, can you show us a pic of the Shopnotes version or remember the issue #? Thanks.