PDA

View Full Version : No hold down on router lift

Larry Palanuk
11-30-2007, 10:21 PM
I just got a new Woodpecker Unilift. There are no provisions to hold it down tight to the router table. (Like screws or under mount clamps). Is the mass of the lift and router enough to keep it in place? Or is the pressure on to ensure a press fit when I cut the opening? Has anyone had any issues here?

Thanks

Dick Bringhurst
11-30-2007, 10:50 PM
I've not seen the Unilift, but really don't see any need for holddowns. My PRL sure doesn't require them nor did the Route -R- Lift I had before. Dick B.

Tom Veatch
11-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Not familiar with the Unilift, but the mass/weight of my router and lift is sufficient to keep it in place without any other restraints. I don't recall the exact model/name, but believe it's a "Rout-R-Lift" by XActa. It came as a package deal with my Jet Cabinet Saw several years ago. Recently built a new table for the router and the opening for the top plate is a close fit, but it's not a press fit by any means.

glenn bradley
11-30-2007, 11:18 PM
I have no hold down on my plate and am not aware of any that does. Gravity is your friend. There shouldn't be anything going on that would urge the plate/lift/router motor assembly out of the cutout while you're working. No problem.

Mike Harrison
12-01-2007, 8:51 AM
No need, If gravity doesn't do it your fence, sets over half of the lift and hopefully is clamped to the table, will do the job.

Larry Palanuk
12-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Good to know folks, thanks for the feedback. I just cut it in and it is a fairly tight fit, sounds like I will be just fine.