PDA

View Full Version : Panelsaw upgrade

aaron allen
11-30-2007, 7:09 PM
I have been searching through the archives with no luck.

Has anyone ever put a serious motor on their panelsaw? I have a H-5 in my garage ( sorry to gloat ) and it has the larger Milwaukee (circular saw) motor already. I may be usta the Streiberg saw at work, and I hate to quote Tim Taylor/Allen, but I need more power. (Grunt, grunt, grunt).

All jokes aside, I am looking for a source for about a 3 HP motor with 5/8 arbor-direct drive. I haven't been able to find one less expensive enough for me.

Any help is much appreciated.:D

Bart Leetch
11-30-2007, 8:23 PM
What the Sam Hill are you trying to cut?

aaron allen
11-30-2007, 8:53 PM
1 1/8 Particleboard. I use it for my countertops. Actually the saw bogs slightly on 3/4 Melamine. I use a Forrest Blade, thin kerf and the bogging down happens when ripping 10' long mat'l. The saw is tuned square, level and plumb. I use shims at varying intervals when making my rips to keep the kerf from squeezing the blade. I even exchanged out the original nuts and bolts for grade 8's with over sized washers and threadlocker on the threads. It helped to keep the saw in square.

I am use to using a Streiberg at work and the H5 needs help. Maybe its owner does too.

"Jason Belous"
11-30-2007, 9:49 PM
Mine is a ssc saw and it has a 3 1/2 hoarse milwaulkee, have you tried contacting the manufacturer. Mine came stock. I've herd of people changing out the motor with a worm drive saw. Maby I don't understand your question. Maby I should abort this post. best luck.

Tom Cowie
11-30-2007, 9:51 PM
What the Sam Hill are you trying to cut?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!!

Tom