PDA

View Full Version : Richmond, VA Lumber Liquidators

Mac McAtee
02-16-2004, 1:30 PM
Anyone ever go to Lumber Liquidators in Richmond and look at the 300 bft pallets of surplus "mostly exotics" wood that they sell for $99? Just wondering if it is a deal or junk.

Barbara Gill
02-16-2004, 1:37 PM
Anyone ever go to Lumber Liquidators in Richmond and look at the 300 bft pallets of surplus "mostly exotics" wood that they sell for $99? Just wondering if it is a deal or junk.

Gee Mac, I go to Richmond all the time and I have never heard of them. Where in Richmond are they located? I am going in Thursday and will check it out.

Lee Cheeseman
02-16-2004, 7:59 PM
The store is located in Colonial Heights, 30 min south of Richmond

Richmond Area
Store Manager: Troy Knick

1104 W. Roslyn Road
Colonial Heights, VA 23834

Tel: 804-524-9460 ext 21

George Summers
02-16-2004, 10:58 PM
You might check out this thread from WoodNet, especially the final result.

George

If for some reason the link doesnt work, go to WoodNet and do a search for 'lumber liquidators' within three weeks.

Barbara Gill
02-17-2004, 5:25 AM
This is strange. I posted a reply yesterday under another post which listed the link to the discussion about the purchase of wood from these people. Both posts are gone.
In any event, I don't think I will bother going down there.

Ken Salisbury
02-17-2004, 6:02 AM
This is strange. I posted a reply yesterday under another post which listed the link to the discussion about the purchase of wood from these people. Both posts are gone.
In any event, I don't think I will bother going down there.

I edited 3 posts in this thread, removing the direct links to another public forum which is prohibited by the SMC Terms of Service. (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/terms.php)

George Summers
02-17-2004, 12:17 PM
Hey Ken -

Too many forums, so many rules. Sorry 'bout that. I just try to post to any forum with propriaty and usually have no problems. I'll try to remember the rules on future posts.

George

Mark Angle
02-29-2004, 12:08 AM
Just thought I'd let you know about their wood workers pack. Went down, looked, hesitated but still ended up buying one. I saw packs that had flooring that had been taken up that still had nails. The pack I bought looked like it had full size boards and 2x2 stock packed in the center. I had planned on using it to make wine racks so I mainly needed small pieces. When I got home 100% of the pack was broken down pallet materal. Every piece had nail holes and a lot was covered with grit. Also the 2x2 stock was cross pieces from pallets and were not the full 7 feet of the pack. There was an open area in the center (between the 2x2's) that had broken up pieces of pallet material. I was worried about un-seen nails and grit going through my saw and planer so I trashed the whole mess. I hate to bash someone's product but it appeared to me the "good" was on the outside and the "not-so good" on the inside. Plus the fact they are already bundled and banded so you can really only see the top and sides of the pack. There is no way to see any on the inside. To be fair maybe I just picked the wrong bundle, I hope so.

Aaron Koehl
03-02-2004, 9:24 AM
I edited 3 posts in this thread, removing the direct links to another public forum which is prohibited by the SMC Terms of Service. (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/terms.php)

FYI:

Rather than link to other forums, try reproducing the information here at
SMC-- this way, the information will get picked up in our archives. In
addition, it provides a reliable reference point for further discussion here
at the 'Creek.

_Aaron_