PDA

View Full Version : finding a telephone number

Lewis Ehrhardt
11-30-2007, 11:30 AM
On several occasions I've needed to find a person's telephone number. For me this seemingly simple task always gets complicated. Any of you have a suggestion, web site or how to simply get a telephone number w/o a lot of hassle? Thanks Lewis

Terre Hooks
11-30-2007, 11:35 AM
What about a phone book?

Doug Shepard
11-30-2007, 11:35 AM
I haven't found an online directly site that I thought was worth a darn but maybe someone else will change that. Most of what I've tried has been very good at finding phone numbers or when they do, they've been OLD phone numbers. What I have had good luck with is just simply typing the name, city, and state into a Google search. I've only tried it with a couple of individuals with about 50% success but it's worked every time I've tried it for a business.

Jim Becker
11-30-2007, 11:42 AM
As long as it's not unlisted, I've often found that I can eventually find it with some creative Google.com searches...

Randal Stevenson
11-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Even with a listed number, you can choose to be unlisted through places like google or switchboard. It also won't help if they did the cell phone only thing. For other search ideas, from someone I knew who used to track down people for school reunions, call their neighbors houses. See if they moved (not as good today, since people don't visit with their neighbors as much).

Do you know of any groups, professional organizations they are a part of?

David G Baker
11-30-2007, 11:57 AM
I use Google, Yahoo, reverse directory (if I have the phone number and need the address), type white pages in one of the search engines, type "find phone numbers" in one of the search engines. The list is endless, all you have to do is get creative when typing your searches and keep trying until you get what you are looking for.

Lee Schierer
11-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Go to Whitepages.com and enter as much infomration as you know. If the number is not a cell phone or unlisted, generally they find it. It's free too.

Rob Russell
11-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Try AnyWho.com (http://www.anywho.com/), provided by AT&T.

Lewis Ehrhardt
11-30-2007, 1:20 PM
thanks for the ideas! Mr. Russell the site you recommended looks promising.

Charles Wiggins
11-30-2007, 2:04 PM
On several occasions I've needed to find a person's telephone number. For me this seemingly simple task always gets complicated. Any of you have a suggestion, web site or how to simply get a telephone number w/o a lot of hassle? Thanks Lewis

We use an online subscription called InfoUSA, and we provide a password for home access to our patrons upon request. Check with your local public and college libraries. One of them may have access to it, or a similar product.

Brett Elliott
11-30-2007, 8:47 PM
Try AnyWho.com (http://www.anywho.com/), provided by AT&T.

I was also going to suggest anywho.

Brett

Stuart Johnson
12-02-2007, 12:41 PM
411.com works well

Frank Bierline
12-02-2007, 10:24 PM
I use: http://www.switchboard.com