PDA

View Full Version : DSL Cable/cord

Peter Stahl
11-30-2007, 5:02 AM
The cord/cable that looks like a normal phone line extension is this a special cord? The one I got with my DSL kit isn't quite long enough.

thanks, Pete

Tim Morton
11-30-2007, 5:58 AM
The cord/cable that looks like a normal phone line extension is this a special cord? The one I got with my DSL kit isn't quite long enough.

thanks, Pete

from the jack to the dsl box is just a normal phone cable...

Curt Harms
11-30-2007, 11:06 AM

thanks, Pete

Pardon me if You already know this. The thin one has 4 slots in the connectors is a regular phone cord. The thicker one with 8 slots is an RJ45 cable that runs from the DSL "modem" to either a router or computer. RJ 45 cables are readily available at electronic or office supply stores.

HTH

Curt

Randal Stevenson
11-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Unless they changed things since I last delt with it, there are little cords with a fat box, that is a filter for the phone. This was with the old analog phones though.

Peter Stahl
12-01-2007, 1:05 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies. Got so busy helping my brother yesterday I didn't get a chance to log on. What I was talking about is what Tim said, the phone cord. I didn't know if there was something special or if it was just you typical phone cord. Guess I'll pick up a longer cord now.

thanks again, Pete