PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable 690 D Handle Motor Cord Length

Lance Norris
11-29-2007, 5:11 PM
I bought one of the Amazon $90 Porter Cable 690 routers so I could have an extra base for my router table and to use the motor in the "D" handle I bought a while back. I am going to shorten the cord on the motor and was wondering what the original cord length is on the motor that comes with the D handle router. Thanks.

Dave Falkenstein
11-29-2007, 6:15 PM
The cord on the PC 690 D-handle base is about 10 feet long. The cord on the motor is a PC 690 motor cord, and is not some special cord just for the D-handle base. At least that's the way my multi-base kit is configured.

James Waters
11-29-2007, 6:31 PM
I bought one of the Amazon $90 Porter Cable 690 routers so I could have an extra base for my router table and to use the motor in the "D" handle I bought a while back. I am going to shorten the cord on the motor and was wondering what the original cord length is on the motor that comes with the D handle router. Thanks.

I did the same thing that you are planning on doing with mine awhile back. I do not know the official length of the cord if it came from the factory but what I did was leave it just long enough to easilly plug into the top of the base from any position around the base. Seems to work pretty well. Only downside with it being that short is if you need to make a significant height adjustment you usually have to unplug it from the base to do so. I personally thought that was worth the trade off versus dealing with a long cord flopping around while you are trying to route a piece.

Hope this helps.

Rob Wright
11-29-2007, 6:38 PM
Just measured mine - 16" from the motor housing to the end of the plug prongs. I LOVE that router!

Lance Norris
11-29-2007, 6:44 PM
Just measured mine - 16" from the motor housing to the end of the plug prongs. I LOVE that router!

Thanks Rob