PDA

View Full Version : Layering objects in corel 12

Robert Wilson
11-29-2007, 3:35 PM
I am away from the laser doing some design work. My question is if I layer a white object over a black object, will the black that is covered still laser. For my purposes I do not want it to engrave. So if it will could somebody provide some instruction on how to clip the background out. I think this is a pretty basic operation but I am quite new to Corel 12.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

Anthony Welch
11-29-2007, 6:24 PM
You can go to "object manager" and lock out what ever you don't want to engrave/print. Then make another layer to do your work on that you want to engrave.

Regards!!

Mike Null
11-29-2007, 6:37 PM
Bob

The answer to your question is no on the three brands of laser that I have used. But you need to test if you have vector lines under the white. They may cut. I believe it is dependant on the mode you have set.

I frequently use a white box to block out something in a drawing.

George Elston
11-29-2007, 7:22 PM
To clip an object out of another go to Arrange---Shaping. I usually use back minus front, but experiment first to see what each does.

Robert Wilson
12-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks everyone. It turns out that the covered raster does not engrave. Have not tested the vector yet. Thanks also for the clipping responses as I know that I will have to deal with that at some point.
Bob