PDA

View Full Version : PC 7812 vs Fein 9-55-13 shop vac

Allen Boynton
11-29-2007, 2:36 PM
I see lots of comments on the Fein, and had almost made my mind up to get one.....But yesterday I was at my local WW store and saw the PC. I liked the hepa type filter located in the lid and the lack of a canister filter.
I can't find much info on the PC. Does anyone have one?

Dave Lewis
11-30-2007, 8:29 PM
I have an older Fein mini-turbo that I bought w/ intention of using for the shop to replace LOUD shop-vac, but we now use in the completed house due to low noise.

Try to operate the P-C and Fein together.

I use disposable (generic) filters from local hardware store.

BTW, I have several other P-C tools and a Fein router.

michael flay
11-30-2007, 10:05 PM
I've had the pc vac for a year and have found it to be a great unit for a very good price,

Brad Evans
11-30-2007, 10:50 PM
I've had both the Fein 9-55-13 and the older PC 7810 for about 6 years now. I like them both.

The Fein is a little quieter, the PC has slightly more suction. My Fein is set up with the optional HEPA filter - a big plus IMO.

Both good Vacs...

Tom Kelley
12-01-2007, 5:37 PM
Do either one of these vacs use bags? The problems I have with my Sears vac 1. The filter clogs up quickly with fine saw dust and 2. You get a cloud of dust in your face when emptying it.
Tom

Brad Evans
12-01-2007, 6:02 PM
Yes, both the Fein and PC vacs use paper bags. Around $11 to $12 for a pack of 3. That's the only way to go - keeps things clean and easy.

http://www.tools-plus.com/porter-cable-78121.html?utm_medium=shopeng&utm_source=shopping&utm_term=P-A78121&ZD84rE

Do either one of these vacs use bags? The problems I have with my Sears vac 1. The filter clogs up quickly with fine saw dust and 2. You get a cloud of dust in your face when emptying it.
Tom

Ted Baca
12-02-2007, 1:37 AM
I have had the PC7810 for about 3 years or so and it is a good unit. The only complaint that I have had is the accessory tool outlet pops out of its space and I have to re afix it. I hate to super glue it in case it ever fails. I am considering the Festool vacuum as I understand that they work the best with their sanders. I guess they have an adjustable suction so that you regualte the dust collection on the sander. Anyone onw the Festool that can provide their experience would be appreciated.