PDA

View Full Version : Personalized Icicles

Ed Newbold
11-29-2007, 2:03 PM
This is a freebie I learned from someone last year on this forum (darn it - I forget the name). Anyhow, I thought I'd post my version of it and remind folks how to make their own personalized icicles.

I make them frosty looking them by setting the CYAN fill color to burn at 25% power, 100% speed and 800 dpi. My RED cut lines are set a 1.6% speed, 100% power, 1000 dpi.

At the local craft shows I make these things out of acrylic and sell them at $4 each or 3 for $10. They sell like the proverbial hot cakes!

I've included what I consider to be very clear instructions on how to make them and have presented it here in Coreldraw version 10 for backward compatibility (I personally use X3).

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Vicky Orsini
11-29-2007, 2:41 PM
What fun! Thanks for the file, Ed! :D

Anthony Welch
11-29-2007, 6:31 PM
Not that what we do has that "WOW" factor but, ......"WOW" that's a great idea.

Thanks a bunch!

Pete Simmons
11-29-2007, 7:08 PM
Ed - Thanks for a great item.

I made 8 or 10 of them tonight to take to a craft show Fri and Sat.

I will let you know how they sell.

Just a small show at a local church.

Frank Tralongo
11-29-2007, 7:22 PM
Nice project; thanks for the info.

Keith Outten
11-29-2007, 8:13 PM
Here is most of my icicle ornaments in Corel Draw 9.
The drawing contains 46 names ready to go. These were created by Aaron and myself so they are free for you to use as you see fit. Each ornament has a hole for hanging, we use red ribbons and sometimes in a pinch phone wire which is very colorful, some wires have stripes.

Rather than everyone make their own possibly we can share all of the names we create in this thread :)

Steven, Alex, Daryl, Jess, Russie, Jackie, Taylor
Marykeith, Ray, Matt, Papa, Jax, Keith, Andee
Edward, Kathy, Sandra, Aaron, Eileen, Ted, Granny
Dave, Bill, Stephanie, Sherry, Rick, Jerry, Jenni, Steve
Melissa, Mayah, Krystal, Lindsay, Jeremy, Carrie, Stacey
Terra, Paula, Jody, Christian, Travis, Linwood, Bristow
Jacob, Diana, Jeff

Bill Cunningham
11-29-2007, 10:54 PM
I remembered this project from last year, and last week I had dug it out and made some for the grandkids.. I will post the file with their names tomorrow .. There not common names though.. Boys- Caiden and Kale.. Girls - Shyene and Mallory.. Will also be doing some for my new step granddaughters, Amber and Danica..