PDA

View Full Version : A "feel good" story

Don Farr
02-16-2004, 8:04 AM
Before church started yesterday, one of our members made a prayer request for his son. With a lump in his throat he said his son was going back to Iraq this week.
With some urging from the LOML (via elbow in my side) I told the congregation about our Freedom pen project. I had just happened to pick up a pen that morning and stuck it in my coat pocket. :D
I gave him the pen and ask him to give it to his son and tell him thank you for serving his country.
He thanked me and said he would.
WOW!

Keith Starosta
02-16-2004, 9:03 AM
Very cool, Don!! I'm sure both Father AND Son will appreciate that act for a long time to come.

Keith

Tyler Howell
02-16-2004, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=Keith Starosta]Very cool, Don!! I'm sure both Father AND Son will appreciate that act for a long time to come.

Don

Perfect: timing, location, preparation, and cause. You done good in so many ways. You must have been a Boy Scout!

Thanks Don

Daniel Yourdon
02-16-2004, 12:19 PM
No better way to delever these pens than by hand. We have a couple of men in my church that have ben over their and back. They will get their pen from me presonally.

Jerry Stringer
02-17-2004, 1:29 AM
Outstanding, Don . . .

But don't stop there . . .

Make it a point to talk to people about the program. I figure that for a $2.00 donation, that will get a pen made and to a troop. Carry some 3 x 5 cards with you and when someone gives you $2.00, have them write a quick note to the troop to include with the card.

You'll be surprised how fast you'll get donations!

Thanks for caring enough to speak up!

Jerry