PDA

View Full Version : The Power of Sawmill Creek (Warning: Gloat Ahead)

Raymond Overman
11-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Well, thanks to you guys my piggy bank lies shattered in the corner, all the cushions are strewn across the floor after a frenzied search for loose change, the ashtray in my Jeep Cherokee has lost it's coin holder status, the penny jar on my dresser has been raided and I'm hoping that I can make friends with someone with a strong back within the next few weeks.

After all the discussion on Rockler's Jet 1642 deal, I convinced my wife that it was the right thing to do and ordered me one today. Merry Christmas baby, she sure does treat me right.

So, the question is, how much is a 1957 Delta Rockwell on original legs with a 1HP motor, ACTech variable speed controller, two tool rest holders, custom toolrest, homemade steady rest, spur drive, and live center for the tailstock worth? Anyone interested in getting into turning with a classic machine?

Too cool. :cool:

Dennis Peacock
11-28-2007, 11:08 AM
A new Jet 1642??!!!! You are gonna really like that lathe Raymond. :D
Of course, we expect pics of it's arrival, unpacking, setup, and with lathe curls all over it. :rolleyes: :D
Congrats!!!!!!!

Tom Sherman
11-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Congratulations Raymond, a new lathe is reason to gloat. Don't worry piggie banks are resilient little things they will recover quickly.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Congrats Raymond! But...I don't want to hear no whining. You knew what the Vortex was like! Hey....I got shoved!

Tom Sherman
11-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Ya know Ken, I've always heard that you can't force the willing, and by the way who shoved you into the MUSTARD.

Don Orr
11-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Way to go Raymond. You are gonna love that machine! Sounds like you have a great wife. What is SHE getting for Christmas ?:eek::D;)

Mike Vickery
11-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Corgrats Raymond. That is a hell of a deal they are running on the 1642 right now.

John Hart
11-28-2007, 12:55 PM
....What is SHE getting for Christmas ?:eek::D;)

Whatever she wants Don....whatever she wants.

Oh...by the way Raymond...your wife called and said she really wants a Jamieson D-Handle Hollowing Rig for Christmas. Maybe you should order it today....to avoid the rush.;)

Oh yeah....one more thing...Congratulations!!!:)

Paul Heely
11-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Congratulations Raymond. All this talk of new lathes has gotten me thinking, always a bad thing....

Steve Schlumpf
11-28-2007, 1:06 PM
Congrats on your new lathe Raymond! You are going to love it! Looking forward to the photos!!!

robert hainstock
11-28-2007, 1:44 PM
I was over aat Steve Schlumpf's this a.m. and saw once again what he can do with his 1642. You're gonna love it.
congrats! :D
Bob

Alex Elias
11-28-2007, 2:45 PM
Congrats. You'll enjoy it a lot