PDA

View Full Version : Trend gloat!

Brad Hammond
11-27-2007, 7:50 PM
santa came a lil early! he's always thinkin of my lungs!
gave it the maiden voyage today. works like a dream, i'm definitely a trend fan now!

cya!
brad

Bill Wyko
11-27-2007, 7:51 PM
That's definitely money well spent.

David Fried
11-27-2007, 7:57 PM
Nice gloat! I like the dueling Jets too! :D

Ken Fitzgerald
11-27-2007, 7:59 PM
Congrats! I sure like mine!

robert hainstock
11-27-2007, 8:36 PM
envy, covet,I wish I could, all that stuff. Nice tool!:)
Bob

Jim Becker
11-27-2007, 8:53 PM
Congrats! Brad, is that the new version? (I just saw a review/note in Woodshop News that they have revised the Trend)

Steve Schlumpf
11-27-2007, 9:05 PM
Congrats - use mine all the time!

Brad Hammond
11-27-2007, 9:14 PM
i'm not sure if it's the new version or not. i just pulled the trigger as quick as i could when loml said i could get it for xmas....heheheheh
it's very comfortable. i can see how folks may think it's a lil flimsy, at first glance i too had that impression, but the funtionality is great. i wore it for a couple of hours today and it's done the job great so far.
thanx all for the kind comments!

Ralph Lindberg
11-28-2007, 11:12 AM
i'm not sure if it's the new version or not....

It does not appear to be (the new version is more $$$ too)

Don Orr
11-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Your lungs will thank you.

I am considering getting one myself. How noisy-or quiet-are they ? I have a beard and need something to save my lungs. General consensus seems to be quite favorable for these units.

Bubba Davis
11-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Your lungs will thank you.

I am considering getting one myself. How noisy-or quiet-are they ? I have a beard and need something to save my lungs. General consensus seems to be quite favorable for these units.

I have one and the noise is quite noticeable at first but soon you don't even no is running. I also have a beard and it works well over my beard and with my glasses on it is great. One dislike is the time it takes to charge the battery but I bought a second one and always have one charged or on the charger. One battery will last about 4 hours and runs the motor just as well as two.

Bryan Richardson
11-28-2007, 1:27 PM
I was either considering the Trend or the Triton from Craft Supply. I was told that glasses do not work well with the Trend. Is that true?
Thanks
Bryan

Bubba Davis
11-28-2007, 3:17 PM
I was either considering the Trend or the Triton from Craft Supply. I was told that glasses do not work well with the Trend. Is that true?
Thanks
Bryan
Work well as I said before with my glasses.

Brad Hammond
11-29-2007, 1:13 AM
i wear glasses with mine as well and have had no probs. and i only notice the fan when i first turn it on, after that i dont notice it.

Thomas Minehan
11-29-2007, 10:52 AM
I have had one since they first came out. My first impression was that it was pretty flimsy for the price paid; however, it has performed well. I wear it at all times when turning. It has survived wood bouncing off from it and my sinus problems from sanding have gone away.

It only took a short time to get used to wearing it (with glasses). I do not notice the noise or weight. In fact I, on occasion, find myself trying to scratch my nose or blow saw dust with it on.

Jim Becker
11-29-2007, 10:53 AM

No problem with glasses with mine. In fact, you must wear safety glasses under any of these face shields. They will not protect you fully alone.

Don Orr
11-29-2007, 1:49 PM
...I do that now with a regular shield:D. At least the Trend won't fog up. I've been looking at the new one that is supposed to be available early next year. More expensive, but supposedly they have made several "improvements" in weight and balance. And the new one will have a place to mount ear muffs-I don't like listening to my dust collector which runs all the time while I turn.