PDA

View Full Version : It's about time....

Dennis Peacock
11-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Howdy my friends.!

I've been away a good bit over the last several weeks/months. It's just something I had to do in order to keep things on an even keel around our home. After all, family IS priority. ;)

I know that this is a turning forum and is where I spend some of my time yacking and reading when I'm online. I just wanted to say thank you to those of you that are in the Christmas Ornament Exchange. This and a few other things have caused me to make time to get back on the lathe and back to doing some turning for a change.

Happy Holiday Season to each and every one of you. :D

Ken Fitzgerald
11-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Glad to see back posting and turning Dennis! Sometimes you need to get away from the problems in life! How's the anti-chewing campaign going?

Bernie Weishapl
11-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Dennis it is good to see you back and at it. I have had a few problems lately and turning has helped me keep what little sanity I have. Now lets see some turnings.

TYLER WOOD
11-27-2007, 11:21 AM
welcome back to the family bud. We've missed you. Hope all is going well, as our prayers are still being sent for you and your family. Now show us what you've been turnin'.

Dennis Peacock
11-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Glad to see back posting and turning Dennis! Sometimes you need to get away from the problems in life! How's the anti-chewing campaign going?

Thanks Ken....it's good to be back. The anti-chewing campaign is still going strong. I haven't given in to the old desires, even when the stresses were extremely high, and I've stuck to "being a quitter". :)
Thanks for asking. :D

Dennis Peacock
11-27-2007, 11:37 AM
welcome back to the family bud. We've missed you. Hope all is going well, as our prayers are still being sent for you and your family. Now show us what you've been turnin'.

Tyler,

Thanks bud. I haven't been turning much except for some very ugly Christmas ornaments that I'm still trying to figure out how to make a "purdy" one. ;)
After all, I have to have a purdy one so I can send it to my exchange partner, Ben Gastfriend. :) I don't want to send Ben no ugly ornament now do I?.!!! :eek: :o

Tyler Howell
11-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Good to see you wondering around Dennis.
You and the family take care.
TJH

John Hart
11-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi Dennis,

You've been missed....uh.....I'm pretty sure anyway....Since I wasn't here to witness the missing, I can neither confirm or deny that missing occurred. But I got a feeling.....

...Ok.....shuttin' up.:o

Ken Fitzgerald
11-27-2007, 12:06 PM
"being a quitter". :)
Thanks for asking. :D

I always knew you were a quitter! Congrats:D...Hang tough!

Frank Kobilsek
11-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Dennis

Let me know sometime the secret to being a 'quiter'. Haven't tried quitting in a few years, seems like I should.

Frank

Nancy Laird
11-27-2007, 1:37 PM
Dennis, I'm glad to see you back, and I'm glad you're back on that mustard monster that you were using for a drying rack in August!! If you pick up the secret to turning a "purdy" Christmas ornament, will you share it with me? I can't even turn an ugly one, and Bernie is gonna shoot me if I don't come up with something---even something he has to hang at the back of the tree in the corner so no one will see it.

Glad the "chawin" has pretty much gone away. I know LOYL and the kids are glad. LOML and I have quit smoking too--with the help of some meds, but we've quit. It's been about six weeks--but I have to say that he has better willpower than I do.

Nancy (24 days)

Jeff Bower
11-27-2007, 2:18 PM
Dennis
Let me know sometime the secret to being a 'quiter'. Haven't tried quitting in a few years, seems like I should.
Frank

Frank for me the secret hit me like a ton of bricks when I read post #11 in this thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=425619#poststop (I'm just over 3 months nicotine free)

Dennis, glad your back on the lathe...turning can ease your mind of many life trials.

Paul Heely
11-27-2007, 2:39 PM
Dennis, glad to see you are back posting and in your shop.

Also, congrats on still being a quitter. I became a quitter a couple of years ago. My 'secret' was an extended stint with the nicotine patch. More power to you for going cold turkey.

Now, post some pictures of what you've done :)

Steve Schlumpf
11-27-2007, 4:23 PM
Welcome back! Hope things are getting better for you and your family! Looking forward to seeing what you have turned!

Jim Becker
11-27-2007, 5:15 PM
I'm glad the dipping is still off in the sunset, Dennis, especially with the, umm...slightly elevated stress levels you've been "enjoying"...good job!

Glenn Clabo
11-27-2007, 5:20 PM
Well now...ain't this cool. Nice to see ya smilin' face my friend.

Curt Fuller
11-27-2007, 6:20 PM
Welcome home Dennis!

Pete Jordan
11-27-2007, 7:18 PM
Good to see ya again Dennis!

David Fried
11-27-2007, 7:52 PM
Hi Dennis,

You've been missed....uh.....I'm pretty sure anyway....Since I wasn't here to witness the missing, I can neither confirm or deny that missing occurred. But I got a feeling.....

...Ok.....shuttin' up.:o

Welcome back Dennis. As I recall we require pictures of everything. No pictures - didn't happen. You were never gone!

Ben Gastfriend
11-27-2007, 10:03 PM
I haven't been turning much except for some very ugly Christmas ornaments that I'm still trying to figure out how to make a "purdy" one. ;)
After all, I have to have a purdy one so I can send it to my exchange partner, Ben Gastfriend. :) I don't want to send Ben no ugly ornament now do I?.!!! :eek: :o

Don't you worry, Dennis! I have to say that the only ornament I have that hasn't shattered during hollowing is terribly ugly! I have to pick up some wood and work on my hollowing skills.

Dennis Peacock
11-28-2007, 9:12 AM
Don't you worry, Dennis! I have to say that the only ornament I have that hasn't shattered during hollowing is terribly ugly! I have to pick up some wood and work on my hollowing skills.

Hey Ben,

Just drill a hole through a solid piece you've turned, put the top and bottom finial on and send it one bud. I may be doing the very same thing since all my hollowing tools for a normal to large sized turnings. :eek: :o

Dennis Peacock
11-28-2007, 9:13 AM
Welcome back Dennis. As I recall we require pictures of everything. No pictures - didn't happen. You were never gone!

Dave,

I like your thinkin'.....I'll be sure to post pictures of me missing from SMC. :rolleyes: :p :D

Glenn Clabo
11-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Dennis....Dennis....are you there?

Dennis Peacock
11-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Dennis....Dennis....are you there?
http://www.aceuniforms.com/osCommerce/catalog/images/83294NB_LG.jpg

Now THAT's PERFECT!!!!!!!! http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/sawdustar/emoticons/teeth35.jpg

Tom Sherman
11-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Good to see you back Dennis, don't fret about ungly turnings remember we like pictures of them too.

Dan Forman
11-28-2007, 4:45 PM
Dennis---Hope that you will be able to find more time to turn soon. In stressful times, it helps to be able to "take sanctuary", if only for a short time.

Dan

Ed Scolforo
11-28-2007, 5:42 PM
Good to hear from you, Dennis.