PDA

View Full Version : Well the Deal is Done

Ricky Gore
11-26-2007, 11:55 PM
Well, I hope we made the right decision, but we went with the Epilog Helix 24 (18" x 24" bed) - 35 Watt, with Rotary & all the accessories...

We have our Tax ID, Business License & all the paper work to go with it. We did use a CPA to get us going, that was a huge help.

We are a corporation. Sun Rock Studio, Inc.

So, you will definately see me around here asking questions and trying to help if I can.

Thanks everyone for you help & support while making this decision.

God Bless,
Ricky

P.S. In another thread I was asking about using the Harbour Freight Blower, and guess what I got with my Epilog? Yep, it's a Harbour Freight special. But it is the $199 one, so it's a stronger blower than I was looking at before. Also, the air compressor that comes with it, is from Harbour Freight. I have that so far, the Laser Should be delivered in a couple weeks.

John Keeton
11-27-2007, 6:41 AM
Congratulations!! I know that you all are looking forward to getting to see some fruit from all of the research and effort you put into this. My wife and I are envious of your progress. We will not have the time to complete our research and purchase until well after the end of the year.

By the way, the last issue of Fine Woodworking had a good article on building a noise containment box for a shop vac. It looks like this project could be used for the air compressor and blower. They used acoustic padding and listed the source at www.acousticalsurfaces.com (http://www.acousticalsurfaces.com)

Good luck and post some pics of your first "production runs."

Stephen Beckham
11-27-2007, 9:51 AM
Be careful with the noise reduction on your compressor. It makes a lot more heat than the blower (self cooling). I've had to install a fan on my compressor to try and cool it - it shuts down after about 24-25 minutes to cool itself off. With the fan, it lasts over 30 minutes.

Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy!

Jeanette Brewer
11-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Ricky,

Welcome to the Epilog Laser family! Is Randy Sharp doing your training? Tell him hello from Texas for us.

If you'll PM your mailing address, I'll add you to our quarterly newsletter mailing list, in which we put Epilog, Corel & generic engraving tips.

Best of luck with your new venture!

Ricky Gore
11-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Hi Jeanette,
Yes Randy is the one. We already did training last Friday. I went to him, due to some timing issues with my day job. Anyway, since I've been using CorelDraw for a many years the training was really straight forward. He let us run several different materials and had a blast.

Thanks for the Newsletter, I PM'd my address to you.

Thanks again,
Ricky :)

Frank Corker
11-28-2007, 5:45 AM
Good luck Ricky, you are going to love the experience.

Mike Null
11-28-2007, 6:58 AM
Ricky

Welcome to the club and good luck!

Brian Robison
11-28-2007, 8:21 AM
When you see Randy again tell him to fire up his Gas Gas and get to an event!!!

Sean De Gazon
11-28-2007, 9:02 AM
Great to have you on the forum, I am a step or two behind you, in my quest for a laser. I hope to have mine by the end of the year or perhaps early 2008.
I also decided to go Epilog. I will be looking forward to hearing from you and monitoring your progress. Post some pics of your projects when u settle. Good luck and welcome to the creek.