PDA

View Full Version : Baltic Birch Plywood source

Mark Hultzapple
11-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Hi all,
I've been conversing with a good friend about drawer box construction for kitchen cabinets. He currently uses 1/2 in. Luan plywood but quality has dropped off at our current supply. The sheets are only good one side and have been less than flat. He would like to try Baltic Birch Plywood if he can find a source. We live in South Central Pennsylvania near Gettysburg. Does anyone know of a good source for sheet goods in this area? What can I expect to pay per sheet? I appreciate any suggestions you may offer.

Rob Bodenschatz
11-27-2007, 1:12 AM
I hear good things about Russell Plywood and Industrial Plywood. Both in Reading. No first hand experience yet.

Tim Quigley
11-27-2007, 8:53 PM
I've used Industrial Plywood out of their Lewistown branch and they were awesome. Website link is here: http://www.industrialplywood.com/. The baltic I've picked up from them (along with everything else) has been very nice and as cheep as at the borgs.

Had some delivered and even had my wife go down to pick a few things up. They even let her pick through the dinged cherry ply to pick a few sheets that would work for our project but at a discounted price. If you are cool working around a blemish or two, ask to see the "shop" quality pieces to save a few bucks.

Good luck,
Tim

Ed Peters
11-28-2007, 4:16 PM
I use Hardwoods in Frederick. Paul (owner and ex cabinet maker) has an incredible selection of exotic and domestic hardwoods, all manner of plywoods, some pre-finished and melamine.

Ed

Mark Hultzapple
11-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. Lewistown is about 1 1/2 hour drive and Frederick is about an hour from here. Both are reasonable drives for a source of all kinds of plywoods and stuff. I appreciate the info. Thanks