PDA

View Full Version : Rikon 10-325 gloat

Jim Dunn
11-26-2007, 9:33 PM
For out 35th wedding anniversary I bought the wife a "rock" and she said I could get a band-saw. I really needed one for the rocking horse project that I am building for my granddaughters.

Really like the saw so far. Fit and finish were great. Hardly any set up needed at all.

Now for the bad news. The saw tilts like the leaning tower of pizza. Seems to be welded to it's base at an angle. The tilt is about 1" in 5'. It's not in the base cabinet, it's in the bottom of the saw where it bolts onto the base cabinet. I'll e-mail a pic or two to Rikon and let them evaluate the problem.

The saw requires a some set up for various blades and that is a little troublesome, but not too bad.

Other than the tilt of the saw the only thing that looks like it could give me trouble is the trunion. It seems to be rather small for the size and weight of the table.

Forgot to mention I used the Woodcraft $20 off card on some blades for the saw.

One of the first cutting jobs that I did was re-saw some 8" tall quartersawn white oak. The saw didn't even slow down:D.

With 13" of re-saw capacity I think I've found all the saw I'll ever need.:rolleyes: I really like the quick release on the blade tensioning and the adjustable belt tensioning design with the motor belt.

Don Bullock
11-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Jim, congratulations on your 35th anniversary. My wife and I had out 36th in August.

It looks like you got a great present. I hope you get all the problems worked out with Rikon.

Darl Bundren
11-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Congrats on the saw and the anniversary. Since I'm happily married, I'll have to see what I can do about getting one of those saws.

Steve Hanson
11-28-2007, 8:52 PM
Jim,

I just put together my new 14" Deluxe today and love it. I also have the regular Rikon 14" which has served me well, but this is a whole lot better.

I have a question for you:

Is the tension gauge on your saw accurate? Mine is no where close. I have tensioned the 3/16" Olson blade up to 1/2" on the gauge, otherwise it is too flimsy.

Steve