PDA

View Full Version : SawMillCreek visits Bear Creek (visit)

John Miliunas
02-15-2004, 6:07 PM
Say what? No, it's not the headline for the latest hockey match. It's Dave Richards and his lovely bride stopping out for a visit to my neck 'o the woods, which happens to border Bear Creek! They stopped down on their way home from visiting Dave's dad, just SE of here. Great meeting and talking with another Creeker! I was a bit surprised when they arrived, because I fully expected to see him high atop a tractor, but I guess it would've been a bit cold for that! :D

He brought along one of his homemade, long-reach clamps to show me, as well. I can see I'll have to get my butt in gear and make several of those up, as they appear to be *real* handy. (Those are the ones he was kind enough to include details on for the crib he's building.)

He also gave me some details on the WoodRat and the Legacy Ornamental Mill. Sheeeesh...Like I really need *more* tools! Both sound real cool, though!

His talents aren't limited to woodworking, either. Appears he may be one of our main "go-to" guys for photography questions, too! Lots and lots of experience in that field! And, the talents in that family don't stop with him, either. Before leaving, I had the pleasure of checking out a real cool airlplane rocker his brother made for their expectant new arrival (May). The guy's a machinist, by trade, but he sure whips out a neat wood project, too!

All in all, an extremely pleasant morning! I feel honored to have a fellow SMC'er come for a short visit, though next time, we'll need to crank on a few tools and let some dust fly. (His bride was especially eyeing up the lathe!) Thanks to both of you for a great visit and, now that you know where I live, make it a regular stop when visiting your dad! :cool: