PDA

View Full Version : Simple Corel quesion (I hope)

Jason Lippert
11-26-2007, 5:07 PM
I was setting up a template for which I needed some precision to place an acrylic onto, and while I was trying to place some guidelines I was frustrated by the fact that the rulers in Corel are not set up the way they are in my laser. Now figuring this should be easily changeable I went poking around in options and found where the rulers are but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. My laser is set up so the 0's originate on the upper left corner. (in case there are other configs out there) How do duplicate this in Corel X3:confused:

Gary Hair
11-26-2007, 5:11 PM
Jason,
go to:
Layout, Page Setup and click on Rulers. Change the Vertical Origin to whatever you want it to be.

Gary

Jason Lippert
11-26-2007, 5:18 PM
Thanks Gary, I knew it had to be something simple :rolleyes:

Mike Null
11-26-2007, 5:20 PM
Jason
To carry Gary's explanation one step further the vertical origin will be 12 or 20 or what ever your table size or plate size is. That way your upper left corner will read 0 0.

William Johanson
11-26-2007, 6:17 PM
***Just an FYI I am using Corel 12****

Is there any way to save this so you don't have to change it each time you open a new page? I have the custom page size saved so I just have to pick it but I always have to go in and change the 0,0. On vesion 12 I just double click on the ruler and it gets you right into the same area listed above.

Bill

Mike Mackenzie
11-26-2007, 7:02 PM
William,

TOOLS / OPTIONS / SAVE SETTINGS AS DEFAULTS. This will save the ruler settings however if you change page sizes it will change back. The best option is to save your workspace. Then when you change page sizes all you have to do is open your saved workspace.