PDA

View Full Version : Information on repairing Bostitch N60 Finish Nailer

Kevin L. Pauba
11-25-2007, 11:14 PM
I ran my Bostitch N60 Finish Nailer with a little too much air pressure and blew the trigger valve.

Is it really difficult to repair it myself? It looks like I just have to remove the roll pin to the trigger and unscrew the valve.

Anyone have any hints?

Thanks!

Cody Colston
11-26-2007, 2:52 AM
Evidently that's a common problem with Bostitch nailers because I've already replaced the trigger valve on my Bostitch framing nailer and now my 15 gauge finish nailer has the same problem. FWIW, I don't believe it's too much air pressure but that the valves simply wear out. Regardless, I still like the Bostitch nailers and have several.

Replacement is pretty simple as you noted, or at least it was on my framing nailer.

Kevin L. Pauba
11-26-2007, 7:13 AM
Thanks, Cody.

I think I'll pick up the part and try to replace it. I'll post back to this thread on my experience.

l8r

Kevin L. Pauba
01-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Just to close out this post ...

I picked up a new trigger valve and was able to easily get the nailer working again. Removed two roll pins, used the provided lube on the o-rings of the valve and reassembled and works great.

Alan Kuznicki
03-29-2017, 11:54 AM
Do you still have your N60? I'm looking for a top bumper and the only one I can find is for the n60fn.
three three oh five five for five five four nine
thanks!

Bill Dufour
03-29-2017, 12:08 PM
Do you think just replacing the o-rings would have fixed it? or is it sealed so you can not get to the inside.

Bill Dufour
03-29-2017, 12:24 PM
Is the bumper a spring? On my Porter cable I lost the little spring in the top section. I used a spring from a washerless faucet.

Alan Kuznicki
03-29-2017, 6:11 PM
No, it's not the spring. The N60 is the only one like it. The N60FN is widely available and so are the parts. I may do one of a couple of things: replace the tailcoat with an FN one, or just find a used FN and be done with it. All of the parts are compatible except for the tailcap, bumper, and exhaust.

Part 4. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/n60fn/1305/0704000.html