PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Pump Help!!!

Pete Jordan
11-25-2007, 8:59 PM
Hi again,

My v pump is not working correctly. It says it is pulling 17hgs when nothing is hooked up. I did not notice this until I lost a NE cherry bowl!
I figured it has swallowed chips or a small varmit!

I checked the hoses and blew out the black glass thingy. I am wondering if I need to take apart the two things that look like ears. ( Stop me if I am too technical).
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Steve Schlumpf
11-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Pete - I don't have a vac system yet but your technical terms got my attention!

You state you have 17 hgs with nothing hooked up. Where is the vac gauge located in the circuit? Have you moved the gauge down to the pump itself to check if you still have vacuum? My first thought was that you had a plugged line - located between the chuck and the air filter (I'm guessing that's the black glass thingy). By moving the gauge down to the pump you eliminate everything BUT the pump. Narrows it down for you a little bit.

Let us know what you find out.

Mike Hood
11-25-2007, 10:41 PM
That's a nice pump. I'd stay away from those "ears" for now, and disconnect the crossover lines and double check that you're getting vacuum on both cylinders, but I'd bet the trouble is in that check valve / regulator in that black section.

Pumps are pretty simple if they're working, and yours is pulling a vacuum, but just not keeping it at your fixture.

Verify that both are pulling and will hold and then go from there.