PDA

View Full Version : Woodturnig Mag. Is it good?

Alex Elias
11-25-2007, 3:35 PM
I've been getting the Woodturning Design Mag and I quite like it. The other day I saw the Woodturning Mag online. Seems like it comes from UK and I was thinking about getting the subscription. Any opinions about this mag would be appreciated.
Thanks
Alex

John Blainer
11-25-2007, 4:57 PM
Woodturning is a great magazine. I subscribed to it for 5 or 6 years but dropped it this year due to inconsistent delivery. Too bad they're not located in the US.

Brian McInturff
11-25-2007, 6:10 PM
I just picked up the latest copy at Barnes & Noble. I usually just pick it up there but now I wish I had subscribed. Due to the falling dollar the price has escalated. Today I paid 9.25 for it. I'll still pay it but man it hurts the ole wallet. It's a great magazine and I have almost every issue since they started. I picked them up from a fellow woodworker who didn't need them any longer.(Gloat!)

John Taylor
11-26-2007, 6:56 AM
HI

I get the mag every month on subscription and find it very good, Mark Baker is back in charge again and is making some very good changes.

john

Don Orr
11-26-2007, 12:35 PM
YES-very good magazine. I've been a subscriber for several years and usually read it cover-to-cover. I've even made some of the projects. Expensive, but worth it. I learned early in life you really do get what you pay for.

Jude Kingery
11-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Yes, great magazine! I began my subscription last year, no problems with delivery here, and I too, read it cover to cover and find it very enjoyable and with useful tips and project ideas. Well worth it in my opinion. Jude