PDA

View Full Version : photo sculptures

Dirk Drossel
11-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi everyone
I am kinda new to writing to the forum but, have been reading all the great information for quite a while now.

I am interested in making photo sculptures. I have seen several and think I would like to try making some for Christmas.

I have seen ones with acrylic backing then the photo then a thin piece of clear acrylic. I know how to cut out backgrounds from photos but how do you glue it together prior to lasering the project.

any help is really appreciated.

Dirk Drossel
I have a Universal 25e yes it is old but still works great

Dirk Drossel
11-27-2007, 11:33 PM
http://www.funfotos.com/images/cat_and_dog2.jpg

this was taken off a website to show what I am trying to do.
does anyone know how?

Mike Hood
11-27-2007, 11:43 PM
I do custom boat dashes and I laminate 2-ply acrylic to a P95 substrate using contact cement applied with a foam roller.

Just roll it in both paper and acrylic and back of paper and let dry. Once dry, put them together and roll out with a brayer.

You can also paint the back with matte black paint before you cut and it should work nicely.

Danny Strejcek
11-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Place where I work make a lot of photo sculptures. We call them statuettes.
We attach them to 1/8" acrylic by two side adhesive tape, which we get in sizes that we usualy use 8x10 or 10x13.
I trace image using polyline and spline in AutoCad, then transfer only outline to Corel.
It take some practice to find best way to align position of photo image and outline. I make bases for this statuettes from PVC foam on router table.

Dirk Drossel
11-29-2007, 10:52 PM
thank you for your help.
I will give it a try.
:cool:
Dirk