PDA

View Full Version : Rockler is now in New Jersey!!

Dave Hale
11-24-2007, 8:22 PM
Being in New Jersey has been a real pain for me 'cause the nearest WW Store was more than a hour away with my favorite being 2 hours.
Force Machinery in Union was the closest to being one, but still left a bit to be desired. I was at Force Machinery this afternoon looking for T-track, didn't really expect to find anything, but surprise, surprise!, they're setting up a Rockler section in the back-left quarter of the store. They're still unpacking, but I managed to get some 5/16 T-track and 3 1/2 inch bolts for my cross-cut sled and saw a nice selection of hinges already set up.

Just thought I'd let the 'Jawsey' folks know.

BTW, they're carrying SawStop now. 2-3 years ago Jim said to me he wouldn't carry a 'gadget' like that. Today he said it's a top seller. :)

Noah Levy
11-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Humm. I hope Force Machinery takes this as an opportunity to "step up a notch". My past experiences there have been akin to that of a bunch of monkeys and a football.

Dave Hale
11-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Yeah, gotta find the right guy. The last year in particular has gotten a lot better.

Denny Rice
11-25-2007, 12:58 AM
The only bad thing about Rockler being in the state you live in is that they will now collect sales tax on internet orders..I hate this push for collecting taxes on internet orders. Another way for big business and the feds to get into your wallet.:(

jason lambert
12-12-2007, 2:55 PM
Yea but rockler also kills you on shipping. By going to the store you save the shipping and Force right now has a 10% off Rockler coupon so it saves you more than the tax :)

Also Force carries Festool, it is a good excuse to go play with some of them.

Yes some of the people could be better but there worst person is still better than anyone at my local chain store and they almost alwas have everything in stock.

Mark Blum
12-12-2007, 5:53 PM
I got excited by the title of the thread, but then I see it is in Union. Still too far a haul for us folks in South Jersey.

Pat Moy
12-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Jason,
How do you get a copy this 10%-off coupon?

Dan Lautner
12-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Will this store stock the Festool line?

Dave Hale
12-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Force already had Festool. They also have a 'playground' for Festool in the back right-hand corner.

Rockler is in the back left-hand corner.
Sawstop/Steel City/Powermatic/Jet/etc 'big-stuff' is on the left as you walk in the door.

jason lambert
12-13-2007, 3:50 PM
For the coupon go to the home page
http://www.forcemachinery.com/
and click on "coupons" in the nav bar at the top

They also sell Festool now on line and stock almost the entire line in there showroom.

Sean Troy
12-13-2007, 4:07 PM
I got excited by the title of the thread, but then I see it is in Union. Still too far a haul for us folks in South Jersey.

I got family in S. Jersey. (Haddon Heights)When I was a kid, I used to spend some time down there with family and my favorite place to visit was Edmond Scientific.

George Bregar
12-13-2007, 7:48 PM
The only bad thing about Rockler being in the state you live in is that they will now collect sales tax on internet orders..I hate this push for collecting taxes on internet orders. Another way for big business and the feds to get into your wallet.:( While true that most states require charging sales tax on internet sales if the company has a physical presense too, just an FYI, being forced to charge a sales tax does not help "big business" or any business...it costs them $$$ to collect and comply and they recieve nothing for it. Also, there is no Federal sales tax.

Carry on.

Mark Blum
12-13-2007, 9:26 PM
I got family in S. Jersey. (Haddon Heights)When I was a kid, I used to spend some time down there with family and my favorite place to visit was Edmond Scientific.
I live in Cherry Hill, just up the road from Haddon Heights.