PDA

View Full Version : Pickup type for Wixey fence

Chris Barnett
11-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Anyone have information on the type of sensing pickup between the actual gauge and the measurement rail, on the Wixey fence gauge. Is there mechanical contact like a roller or is it inductive, optical or what?
Also, any other available brands of digital fence position indicators in addition to the Wixey?
[BTW, no need to respond to the PM...thanks anyway]

Mike Marcade
11-24-2007, 12:08 PM
You must have seen the 50 bucks off on that at Woodcraft? :D Honestly I don't know but have thought about that too.

If you check out this link to the owners manual:

http://www.wixey.com/fence/owners/images/wr700.doc

It appears it has a sensor strip that it reads magnetically. I also noticed at shop.com they are selling the digital fence readout for 99 bucks and throwing in the digital angle gauge for free.

Doug Shepard
11-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Dont remember if there's a 3rd maker in addition to this or not
http://www.digi-kit.com/digifence.htm

Dont know the sensor type, sorry.

Doug Shepard
11-24-2007, 3:08 PM
You must have seen the 50 bucks off on that at Woodcraft? :D Honestly I don't know but have thought about that too.
I also noticed at shop.com they are selling the digital fence readout for 99 bucks and throwing in the digital angle gauge for free.

Thanks for the heads up. For $99 I couldn't pass that Woodcraft deal up. They're also tossing in the free angle gauge and free holiday shipping.

Now - who wants to buy a NIB angle gauge for $30 (includes shipping)? I got one last Christmas.

Chris Barnett
11-24-2007, 7:18 PM
Guess I will have to buy one just to find out how it works! Will not be the first time nor the last if I mess up ... just hope it works the way I think it does. Thanks very much for responding to my question.

Mike Marcade
11-24-2007, 7:24 PM
Guess I will have to buy one just to find out how it works! Will not be the first time nor the last if I mess up ... just hope it works the way I think it does. Thanks very much for responding to my question.

It shows you how it works in the manual. You can download it in the link I posted in post #2.