PDA

View Full Version : Where does your table saw blade run? (Powermatic)

Rob Will
11-24-2007, 1:46 AM
The arbor on my Powermatic 74A table saw places the blade only about 1/4" from the left side of the table insert.

Powermatic owners: Where does your blade run in relation to the hole in your saw's cast iron top?

Mine seems awfully close to that left side. :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks,

Rob

Bob Genovesi
11-24-2007, 7:44 AM
I think I know what you mean but a photo would help allot.

Rob Will
11-24-2007, 9:54 AM
My digital camera is broken. Maybe santa will replace it:o.

I was just wondering if my blade is running abnormally close to the cast iron table:confused::confused:.

Are some brands of saws supposed to run that close ?

Rob

Chris Rosenberger
11-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Robbie,
I have an old Powermatic catalog. It does not have any pictures at the right angle to be sure of the exact location. From the pictures the blade does look to be very close to the table.
Do you have a Powermatic blade insert? A factory insert would be the best indicator.

Chris Rosenberger
11-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Here is a link to a manual for a Powermatic 72A. Page 11 has a very good picture of the location.
http://www.misgroupinc.com/partfiles/M_1720294K.pdf

Cliff Rohrabacher
11-24-2007, 10:42 AM
The arbor on my Powermatic 74A table saw places the blade only about 1/4" from the left side of the table insert.

Powermatic owners: Where does your blade run in relation to the hole in your saw's cast iron top?

Mine seems awfully close to that left side. :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks,Rob

That sounds about right to me. You need all that empty space on the other side of the blade to get your arms and pinkies in there to screw the arbor nut on, mount your stacker dado etc.

Rob Will
11-24-2007, 3:30 PM
Thanks, it must be ok then.

No factory insert, I am using a home made ZCI. I had a friend run a bunch of them out of 1/2" phenolic on a CNC router.

Thanks again,
Rob