PDA

View Full Version : 18 volt Dewalt drill/driver

Rod Torgeson
11-23-2007, 6:27 PM
Just wanted to pass on the word that Home Depot has the 18v Dewalt drill/driver on sale for $97. It is a three day thing, today thru Sunday. This sale was in The Dalles, Oregon. Don't know if it is in every store.

Rod<---in Appleton, WA

Tim Wagner
11-24-2007, 12:56 AM
Thanks, But I prefer the Milwaukee brand tools. I have tried several, and they seem to have the most gonads. Whith the exception of the dewalt 12" CMS:D

Chuck Burns
11-24-2007, 3:34 AM
Tim,
I agree with you. I was in our local independent tool repair shop too pick up a hole saw (neither HD or Lowes carry a decent quality hole saw any more - all HD had was Rigid). I got talking to the owner and he said he gets a ton of Ryobi and Rigid coming in for repairs followed by Dewalt. Milwaukee stuff rarely comes in. We both laughed about HD asking 169 for the Skill 77 copy when the real Skill 77 was also 169 and the Skil Mag 77, which is THE saw, was 189. HD must be making a helluva markup with their Rigid stuff.

A rep for a major tool store in SLC told me that they have far more problems with their construction guys who buy Dewalt than Milwaukee. Just too much plastic in the Dewalt. Dewalt used to be good stuff. My old trailer mounted 16" RAS was an animal.

I've got V28 cordless tools and they are awesome. That little circular saw is very light and slick, the Sawzall is great andthe 1/2 drill will hurt you if you're not carefull. I love the batteries. They run with virtually no loss of power until they die. Great tools.

Brian Hale
11-24-2007, 9:00 AM
I just picked up the last 2 my local store had. Mainly i needed the batteries since the one on my 13 year drill is starting to show it's age...

THANKS!!

Brian :)

Michael Sapper
11-24-2007, 9:57 AM
I got talking to the owner and he said he gets a ton of Ryobi and Rigid coming in for repairs followed by Dewalt. Milwaukee stuff rarely comes in.

I don't favor one brand over any other! I just get the perfect tool for the job. Heck my shop has yellow, black, green, blue, gray, orange and red tools!.

It's possible that the volume of repairs (according to this owner) for Dewalt is higher than Milwaukee because Dewalt has a higher sales volume and there is just more product out there that needs fixin'!

Michael