PDA

View Full Version : Resaw Blade - Oops??

Sean Kinn
11-23-2007, 2:15 PM
Well, Iwent to the Grizz showroom in Muncy, PA this morning to kill some time while the wife was at the mall and a sewing store. I hadn't planned to buy anything (just drool on, and caress the jointers and table saws a bit) but I ended up leaving with a 105" Timberwolf blade for my G0555x so I can install it when I install the riser block on Sunday. Somehow (must have been the euphoria from all of the tools or something) I left with a 1/2 x 4tpi instead of the 1/2 x 3tpi like I was thinking of. Will I really notice that much of a difference? I'm thinking the 4tpi will just cut a little slower and leave a slightly smoother cut. I'm never in a hurry when re-sawing so if it takes a little longer that's not a problem. I looked on the Suffolk site and they don't recommend the 4tpi for hardwoods in the 6" - 10" range like I will be cutting, they recommend the 3tpi. I'm thinking it probably wouldn't be worth the 2 hour drive and gas to return the 4tpi...any thoughts? Anyone else use a 1/2" 4tpi pc for resawing?

Jim Becker
11-23-2007, 2:33 PM
It will cut slower, but given bandsaw blades are disposables, it's probably not worth the time and cost of a return trip. And you can always call up Suffolk Machinery (http://www.suffolkmachinery.com) and order more blades direct at the lowest price going.