PDA

View Full Version : Best Way - Miter Cut

Bob Moyer
11-23-2007, 9:38 AM
I have to do about 10 pieces of 3/4" X 3 1/4" HARDWOOD FLOORING that needs a miter cut that I can not make on my miter or table saw. The miter is greater/lesser? than what the saws can do with the miter guages. Because the cuts need to be perfect; what is the best way to do these. I tried with my manual hand saw and power saw., but do not get it cosmetically perfect.

Thanks

Lee Koepke
11-23-2007, 9:52 AM
By "cosmetically perfect" do you mean you cant get the angle right, or you get chip out?

Chip out, maybe score the cut first

if it the angle, maybe if you have a belt sander, you can rough cut first, then use the belt sander to fine tune the remainder of the cut ...

Scott Rollins
11-23-2007, 9:55 AM
I have had success with first cutting close to the line by hand, then lay a straight egde (3/4" melamine shelf stock works good) on the cut line and use a flush trim bit. You could also offset the router from the cutline and use a standard (upcut) helix bit from the bottom to reduce tearout on the show side.

andy brown
11-23-2007, 2:15 PM
Hi,
Turn the timber through 90 degrees so it looks into the blade ( when the blade is set at 90 degrees) and then you can cut any angle.

Andy.