PDA

View Full Version : Wine and Liquor bottles

John Lewandowski
11-22-2007, 11:56 AM
For anyone that engraves wine or liquor bottles. Can you engrave the bottles if they are full? Is there a danger of fire?

Thanks in advance.

John

David James
11-22-2007, 12:14 PM
I have never tried it to be honest with you, but that’s not to say I wouldn’t. The epilog owner’s manual indicates that you can engrave full bottles without the risk of fire or damage to the liquid inside.

Bruce Volden
11-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Yes they may be engraved. I had a customer who wanted some 12 ga. shotgun shells engraved :eek: No worries, I didn't.

Bruce

Kent Parker
11-22-2007, 12:36 PM
John,

If the laser generates enough heat to warm the wine it can dramatically change the wine properties. It can even pop the cork.

Cheers from Napa

Kent

Jakub Borowicz
11-22-2007, 12:49 PM
I did it. I have to engrave a couple of full bottles (wine, vodka, liquers, beer etc.) every week. Never nothing happen, no fire.

Bill Cunningham
11-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Yes they may be engraved. I had a customer who wanted some 12 ga. shotgun shells engraved :eek: No worries, I didn't.

Bruce

What!!!! No sense of adventure :D

Wil Lambert
11-23-2007, 5:07 AM
John,

If the laser generates enough heat to warm the wine it can dramatically change the wine properties. It can even pop the cork.

Cheers from Napa

Kent

I the bottle heats up that much from the laser it will probably break the bottle before the wine is changed. The glass is so thick on wine bottles you will not have a problem. I engrave bottles everyday and they are all full. Go for it they make a good wedding present.

Wil

Barbara Sample
11-23-2007, 8:10 AM
I engrave on both wine and liquor bottles all the time, and have never had a problem. I sell the liquor bottles to brides and grooms for their groomsmen. Nothing happens to the contents. They make great gifts.

I have put poems on the backs of bottles, names and dates, graphics etc.
Also the grey goose vodka looks very nice when you engrave inside the gooses body.

Barb

pete hagan
11-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Living in bourbon country I have the best and worst when engraving bottles... You have to drink your mistakes! :eek:

Yes we engrave bottles all the time for gifts to vendors and clients and they are always full. No problems at all......Thank goodness for deslexia

Pete

Russ Reaney
11-23-2007, 12:05 PM
Just wondering, what power and speed settings you used. I have a laserpro 30 watt laser and this looks
Like something that would go over good

Frank Defert
11-23-2007, 3:40 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering those of you that engrave these bottles how many use a rotary attatchment and how many do it on the flat within the focus area of your lens ?

Also any recomendations on which bottles work best, colour, shape, texture?

Barbara I will have to look for Grey Goose Vodka in Canada....

Thanks....Frank

Wil Lambert
11-24-2007, 9:12 AM
Just wondering, what power and speed settings you used. I have a laserpro 30 watt laser and this looks
Like something that would go over good

Bets bet ig go to th local wine store that serves samples and get some of the empty bottles. Then go home and play with them. I run our 60 watt are 100% power 80% speed and 300dpi.

While you are getting empties ask about displaying your work at the wine shop.

Wil