PDA

View Full Version : New Shop

Greg Heppeard
11-22-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm Baaaaaaaaack

Well, after suffering a heart attack a year ago Sept, and surviving quad bipass. I got canned from my job as a retail manager. But I'm back on the road again.

I was going to build a shop in my back yard, but FEMA says I live in a flood plane and it would cost me another $10,000 for the permits required to build it.

I'm finally opening a woodworking shop as a business. I have rented a 2200 sq ft building on old Route 66. (pics will be posted when I get set up). I plan on building just about anything anyone wants, but it looks like the my main product will be cabinet doors. How much should I charge? Do I charge by the square foot or by the door? After doing a little research, it looks like I should charge about $25 per square foot for raised panel and $15 per for flat panel doors....any comments? Too much??? Too little???

Thanks for any help

Jim Becker
11-22-2007, 11:27 AM
New hops on historic Route 66...and your next post after I type this is number 666. :D

I'm glad to hear you're doing fine now health-wise, Greg. Welcome back to the dusty side of things! Your plans sound like they are coming together. Best wishes to you with the business, too!

Ken Fitzgerald
11-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Congrats on resolving the health issues and the new career!

Rob Will
11-22-2007, 1:08 PM
Congratulations on the new plumbing.
My best friend who taught me about woodworking also had multiple bypass surgery. We had many years in the shop together.
The wood shop was a good thing for both of us.
Good luck with the new digs.

Rob