PDA

View Full Version : 3 turkeys, 5 pies ~ ~ ~

Cliff Rohrabacher
11-22-2007, 10:27 AM
It's a monstrous feast in the making.

My contribution is to put two 22 pound turkeys on the BBQ Rotisserie and another 20 pounder in the oven under a tent of foil and setting on top of a whole huge mess of veggies herbs (two massive onions, a whole garlic head, 5 fat huge carrots a head of celery, three apples a couple of hot peppers) you name it.

The one in the oven is my "gravy bird" and it'll get cooked nearly to mush. I'll make a couple of quarts of gravy form it.
The other two birds will take all of maybe 45 minutes to cook on the grill.

I make the birds and I make the gravy. Ohh the labor. Ohh the work. Ohh the sheer drudgery of it all.

She made the 5 pies (apple, pumpkin, & pecan) and the stuffing and the fried sweet potatoes and the mountain of green beans and the chestnuts-with-brussels-sprouts and ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ well ~ ~ ~ she's busy.

Had the grandkinders over yesterday to snap beans and make cookies.

Happy thanksgiving ya'll~!!

Jim Becker
11-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Wow...quite a feast. A little smaller meal being assembled here...a turkey with stuffing and gravy, gingered carrots, garlic string beans, mashed garlic potatoes, pumpkin and cherry pie. Professor Dr. SWMBO is dealing with the turkey. I'm dealing with the veggies and did the pies yesterday. The girls made rolls and are in charge of "decorations" and "entertainment"...:eek:

Cliff Rohrabacher
11-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Wow...quite a feast. A little smaller meal being assembled here...a turkey with stuffing and gravy, gingered carrots, garlic string beans, mashed garlic potatoes, pumpkin and cherry pie. Professor Dr. SWMBO is dealing with the turkey. I'm dealing with the veggies and did the pies yesterday. The girls made rolls and are in charge of "decorations" and "entertainment"...:eek:

Isn't it nice to have an excuse to eat oneself into a coma surrounded by friends family and little kids~??

Jim King
11-22-2007, 1:42 PM
I am jealous, here in the Amazon we have skinny chickens for Thanksgiving . Turkey only shows up for Christmas. But we make fake apple pies out of Pomarosa almost the same and dressing, mashed potatoes etc. as if we were in Wisconsin.

Have a good day up there , here is just another day except for about a dozen Americans who know what Thanksgiving is. I started out the day with 4 root canels.

Bob Genovesi
11-22-2007, 8:13 PM
Cliff,

Way, way too much food for you to deal with. I'll be over tomorrow to help you dispose of all that goodness in an orderly fashion...http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Grands_Smileys/manger.gif