PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Bill Wyko
11-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Happy Turky day Creekers:D

Tim Morton
11-22-2007, 10:25 AM
x2...I am just about the put a turkey in the oven...we grew it ourselves and "processed" it this past weekend. It was my first time...and it may be the last time...:eek:

Bill Bryant
11-22-2007, 10:27 AM
We do have a lot to be grateful for.

Dylan Smith
11-22-2007, 10:35 AM
One of the things I'm most thankful for, daily, are the great people I meet on the Internet.

I don't ponder this every day, but it certainly enriches my life - all the great people I get to know (from all over the world), and the wisdom and experience I am afforded the opportunity to learn from.

I've been lurking on the Creek for a while, trying to learn a bit more about this working with wood thing, and I've gotten some great info on how to go about setting myself up a lil' shop.

Best of all, Creeker Eric Gustafson was kind enough to send a great Craftsman CMS my way.

He wasn't using it, I was looking for one. So he gave it to me.

I owe Eric a nice belt of Scotch, I suppose. And, along with everyone here who so readily shares their experience, a great big THANKS!

Have a great holiday, y'all.

Brian Weick
11-22-2007, 10:47 AM
I saw this one on the side of the road yesterday and there were more fallowing him, I think they are revolting, can you blame them, . You all have a great Thanksgiving. :)
Brian

Greg Heppeard
11-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Sux to be a turkey today.....Happy T Day to everyone!!

Ken Fitzgerald
11-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Happy Thanksgiving All!.............especially to those that serve us everyday..........police, firefighters, armed forces!

Rod Sheridan
11-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all you southerners, hopefully you have good weather, it's snowing here.

Although we always thank the police etc. for serving us 24/7, we often forget the less public faces that work 24/7 such as in the gas, electric, water, sewer utilities, as well as the transit workers, people who keep your telecom sytems running etc.

A big thanks to them, so we can enjoy the internet on our day off..........Regards, Rod.

Jim Becker
11-22-2007, 11:40 AM
I saw this one on the side of the road yesterday and there were more fallowing him, I think they are revolting, can you blame them, . You all have a great Thanksgiving. :)
Brian

Brian, I think that flock of turkeys have gotten hooked up with the same ad agency that the Chick-Fil-A cows use... :D

Dave Anderson NH
11-22-2007, 12:31 PM
The table is set, the bird is in the oven, the rest of the food is sitting ready to be cooked. Ice cream in the freezer a pie and whipped cream is in the fridge, and the house is clean. Right now SWMBO and I are waiting for My son, DIL, and the grandchildren to arrive. That'll mean appetizers, another pie or two, and the wine will be here. I'm ready to go.

Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you.

Bill Bryant
11-22-2007, 12:52 PM
The mule deer buck that lives in the canyon behind my house just celebrated Thanksgiving by destroying a beautiful new birch tree in my front yard. If I weren't just inside the city limits I'd be serving turkey on one end of the table today and venison on the other--very fresh venison. :mad:

Bryan Berguson
11-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm close to finishing the rest of the food. Turkey will be out in 15min. (I got up at 5am and put it in the oven) Mashed potatoes with gravy, sweet potatoes, asparagus with holandaise sauce (special recipe - equal parts mayo, sour cream and sharp chedder cheese, same recipe we use for poached eggs ;)), stuffing, I think I'm missing something...

Bryan

Jim Dunn
11-22-2007, 1:26 PM
Thanks one and all for the informative year. Really feels like "family" here! Happy Turkey Day.

Gary Keedwell
11-22-2007, 1:41 PM
Have a great Turkey Day...Hmmmm The aroma of the turkey is driving me nuts....:p
Gary and Family

Norman Pyles
11-22-2007, 1:48 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Andy Hoyt
11-22-2007, 2:29 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all - where ever you are.

Me? I just got banned from the kitchen - too much hovering. She said go out to the barn and make a mess. Yes, maam!

Ted Baca
11-22-2007, 2:51 PM
Just finished eating now I am wondering if my arms are going to be too short to reach across the tablesaw. There is a great lump hanging over my belt. Probably as useless as the one on my shoulders.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving weekend all, make some sawdust.

Brian Weick
11-22-2007, 3:29 PM
Brian, I think that flock of turkeys have gotten hooked up with the same ad agency that the Chick-Fil-A cows use... :D

Jim,
you and yours have a great Thanksgiving Jim,
Brian

Greg Muller
11-22-2007, 3:39 PM
Happy stuffyourselfsoyoucan'tfitthroughyourshopdoorandfi nishthatwonderfulbowlorpenthatyouwereplanning day!!!:p

Today I am thankful for having an extended group of friends like you guys!!!

Happy thanksgiving !!!!

Greg:D

Matt Crew
11-22-2007, 4:28 PM
Have a wonderful day all.

Thank you to all of the wonderful poeple that share their wisdom with those of us (mainly me ) that have none.

Time to take a nap.

Lori Kleinberg
11-22-2007, 4:51 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Al Willits
11-22-2007, 5:07 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Work has some of the inlaws busy today so no turkey till Sunday.
Day off for me, but a leg infection has me bed/couch ridden and my feast today has been antibiotics...grrrrr

Ya all have a great holiday and remember the Vets.

Al

Roger Newby
11-22-2007, 5:07 PM
The dust has settled, the dishes are done and time for a short nap. Thanks fellow Creekers for making my life more interesting.:D:D

Ron Jones near Indy
11-22-2007, 7:29 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!