PDA

View Full Version : The poster is posted . . . well, kinda!

Jerry Stringer
02-14-2004, 12:47 PM
I got several requests for the poster files . . . some with the layers included and some without. I had planned on uploading both files so that anyone could go to them and download them.

Well, the Photoshop 7.0 file with all layers is 27 megs huge! Because of this, it exceeds my web site allocation so I can't post it on the net. Even with DSL it was going to take way too long for me to get it uploaded anyway.

The flattened jpg file (less than 1 meg) is at:

http://users.htcomp.net/jds/11x17posternolayers.jpg

I took out the Turn-A-Thon message and left that area blank.

Here are the options . . .

You can open the image in an image editing program and add a message on the image itself.

OR . . . maybe type your information on a label and stick it to the poster after it's printed.

OR . . . email me the message you want and I'll put it on for you and save it as a .jpg and get it to you . . .

OR . . . send me your snail mail address and I'll send you a CD with the Photoshop files saved on it.

OK, enjoy.

Jerry

Julie Wright
02-14-2004, 4:40 PM
Jerry,
Once again Thanks for you Help.
You remember to save some time for Yourself and LOYL.

Dennis Peacock
02-15-2004, 12:03 AM
Jerry,

Can I take this file to someone like Kinkos and have them print me some color 11x17 posters from this file?

Jerry Stringer
02-15-2004, 2:01 AM
Jerry,

Can I take this file to someone like Kinkos and have them print me some color 11x17 posters from this file?

Yes, Sir!

Download the file to your computer and then save it on a CD or disk.

Kinko's will pop the disk in and print it on a color laser printer. Have them do it on glossy photo paper and it looks pretty good! It cost me $3.00 per photo.

Then I took double stick tape and put on the back of the poster and stuck it to some white foam board. Trim the photo and board with a razor blade and that's it. It will lean against walls, cash registers, slow clerk's legs, or whatever is around.

Good luck and let me know if anybody needs anything that I can provide.

Thanks!

Jerry

Daniel Yourdon
02-15-2004, 10:06 AM
I don't know what is up with my computer but I havn't been able to save any of these. right clicking ans saving as isn't working anymore. dragging and dropping saves them as internet files that I can't burn. and I can't link to them for my web sight either.
Any Help?

Jerry Stringer
02-15-2004, 5:41 PM
I don't know what is up with my computer but I havn't been able to save any of these. right clicking ans saving as isn't working anymore. dragging and dropping saves them as internet files that I can't burn. and I can't link to them for my web sight either.
Any Help?

Send me your email address and I'll send it to you. If that doesn't work, I'll put it on a disc and mail it to you. (I guess I need your mailing address too!!)

Jerry

Arvin Brown
02-19-2004, 1:17 PM
Jerry -

I just printed your poster out on a 34" x 44" poster size sheet. Looks great! I plan on hanging it up during a craft show that I'm in at my kids high school. I am going to set up my lathe and make "pens for donations".