PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Built A Playhouse ?

Leland Berry
11-22-2007, 3:46 AM
Can someone puulleezze help with advice or plans or just the proper
scale for a childs playhouse ? My best customer just NOW decided that
his grand-daughter needs one for Xmas. The base-"floor" footprint will
be 8x12 with a portion dedicated to a "front porch"- but I'm stuck on
what scale for doors windows etc. ANY ADVICE will be humbly and very
greatly appreciated.------------THANKX for your thoughts:confused:

Doug Shepard
11-22-2007, 7:04 AM
I know Norm made one on NYW that sounds like about the right size. There should be plans available on the NYW site.

Alan Trout
11-22-2007, 8:44 AM
I Built Norm's with my own twist several years ago for my nieces. They loved it. It has been moved several times to other peoples houses where their kids got use out of it. It has been loved by many children. I think you can still get the plans.

Good Luck

Alan

Leland Berry
11-22-2007, 9:42 AM
Thanks guys-I'll check Norm out-
Alan, Do you remember the scale 75% ? etc or have any pics ?

John Guerra
11-28-2007, 3:05 PM
Leland,

A few years ago I build a playhouse for my daughters that is about the exact same size as you are talking about, and it has a porch too. It is 2x4 construction with insulated walls, drywall, laminate floors, wainscotting, custom windows and has a dutch door. I was at the library looking for some ideas and ran across this plan in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine. It was perfect for what I wanted to do. I deviated from the plans only slightly by changing the entrance on the porch and adding the loft. It wasn't fully decorated and a bit messy when I took the pictures, but you get the idea. Maybe you can get some ideas from it. It was a very rewarding project.

John

John Guerra
11-28-2007, 3:07 PM
I had trouble attaching all the pics. Here are a few more.

Mike McCann
11-28-2007, 3:09 PM
wow that play house is nicer than my first apartment

Rob Bodenschatz
11-28-2007, 3:44 PM
wow that play house is nicer than my first apartment

That playhouse is nicer than my HOUSE!

Christopher Pine
11-28-2007, 10:26 PM
That playhouse is nicer than my HOUSE!

No kidding mine too! what would you charge to rent it to me? :)

Gary Breckenridge
11-28-2007, 11:33 PM
:cool:Well that last set of photos is something to shoot for with your project. When I plan a project for personal use I often measure myself because I want things to fit me. I'd suggest that you estimate how tall the girls will be in two years and figure out a proportional ratio. I'm 6 ft. tall and an 8 ft. ceiling is one and one third my height. If the girl will be 4 ft. tall then the ceilings could be 5 1/2 tall. An 8 x 10 room lfor us would be 6 x 7 1/2 ft.:D Good luck on this challenge.

John Zee
11-29-2007, 12:18 AM
I did a play house for a friend some time back. I built it like a trade show booth off site. Then delivered the floor in 2 sections, 4 walls and the roof I think was in 6 sections so I could lift them. She left for school and when she got home it was there. Pics are on film. Gonna have to find them.