PDA

View Full Version : Guess what coming to my shop before & for Christmas

Bart Leetch
11-22-2007, 1:30 AM
I'm already digging around pulling out chisels & plane blades & shave blades etc.

Mike Heidrick
11-22-2007, 2:53 AM
Congrats Bart. I have never used a Work Smart before, are they nice?

I have the Jet Slow Sharpener and some Waterstones. I like that combo myself. Many deals on the Jet this time of year. As low as $185 and $165 I have seen from posts on the other forum from amazon. The Tiger has been even cheaper.

Jim Kountz
11-22-2007, 6:54 AM
Mike where have you seen the Tiger cheaper than $185??

Thanks!
Jim

John Shuk
11-22-2007, 7:52 AM
The Tiger has been $118 from Amazon.

Mike Cutler
11-22-2007, 8:32 AM
Very nice Bart. You'll have to give us a good review on it when you get it up and running.
I like the design of that one. I'll have to google it up.;)

Bill Huber
11-22-2007, 8:56 AM
So does this mean that we can all send our stuff to you and have it sharpened.....:D

I have a friend that has one of those and just loves it, you can now split a hair with her chisels.

dale rex
11-22-2007, 9:11 AM
do any of these sharpening systems work for 20" planer blades?

Bryan Berguson
11-22-2007, 9:21 AM
do any of these sharpening systems work for 20" planer blades?

Yes, that's what I'm looking for too. I know the Tormek does with their jig but not sure what else will do them.

Bryan

dale rex
11-22-2007, 9:34 AM
I saw that Grizzly has one that will handle 20" blades for around $200. I wonder if anyone here has this unit?

Ron Hedrick
11-22-2007, 9:35 AM
Bart, I think you will really like the WorkSharp. I couldn't sharpen anything using other methods. bought the WorkSharp and it is really easy to use and really fast.

Ken Glass
11-22-2007, 9:41 AM
Bart,
You are going to love your new Worksharp. The only thing is, everything will be so very scary sharp, so quickly, you will run out of things of sharpen before you know it. I think if you attached a homemade jig to the top that would hold the 20" planner blades at the right angle, you could get it to work. Worth a try anyway. Have fun, I love mine.

Mike Heidrick
11-22-2007, 9:46 AM
Yes, that's what I'm looking for too. I know the Tormek does with their jig but not sure what else will do them.

Bryan

All the Tormek jigs work on the Jet. That planer blade jig is pricey though.

Don Bullock
11-22-2007, 9:59 AM
Congratulations Bart. I'll be very interested in how well you like it.

Lori Kleinberg
11-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Congratulations Bart :cool:. Just got mine delivered yesterday. I can't wait to try it out. I generally use the scary sharp method but the angle is always inconsistent :eek:, so I am really looking forward to using the Work Sharp. Only problem is I will have to wait until Christmas presents are done being made :mad:, before I can set it up and use it.

Dale Lesak
11-22-2007, 1:05 PM
Bart, I think you'll really like the WS3000. Had mine for about a month now and aint got a dull chisel in the shop I found that the plastic lids for #3 coffee cans make a neat holder for the glass discs. keeps them from getting knocked around when not in use. I got a free disk when i got mine, so I Have three discs and have them stored in different colored lids as to grit. Have fun sharpening

glenn bradley
11-22-2007, 2:48 PM
You are a lucky dog. My dad has one and loves it. I've seen the results but we always seem to burn up our time together doing all of his stuff(?) and I never get to sharpen my tools. My chisels and planes have been in the same room with the WS twice and have never touched it.