PDA

View Full Version : Finished table

Russell Tribby
11-21-2007, 8:00 PM
I posted this project a few weeks ago before I started the finishing process. I promised I would post more pics when I got done so here they are. You should know that the finish was not my idea, it was the customer's. I told my wife I wouldn't pay $5 for this thing at a garage sale but this is what she wanted. The top is sprayed with black lacquer. The leg/stretcher was coated with a black primer and then took 5 coats of Valspar's Gold Metal Patina Glaze. I then sanded some areas to rough it up and expose some of the black underneath. I then put on a coat of Mohawk's Van Dyke Brown Finishers Glaze. The whole thing was then sprayed with semi-gloss lacquer. This was a challenging project for me but I'm glad I'm done with it. I'm ready to move onto something new.

Jim Becker
11-21-2007, 8:02 PM
That really turned out OUTSTANDING, Russell! Excellent work, including the great finish! (I see you have a shop supervisor, too... :) )

Russell Tribby
11-21-2007, 8:31 PM
Thanks, Jim. I actually have three shop helpers. She just happened to be the only one out there with me at the time.

Bill Huber
11-21-2007, 8:59 PM
I can't say I like the style but the craftsmanship is outstanding.
What is the base table made of, the black part?

Russell Tribby
11-21-2007, 9:06 PM
Bill, I have to agree with you. I don't like the style either. However, for me that typically isn't a prerequisite for taking a job. I just smile and say "yes, I can build that". The top is made of maple and the legs and stretchers are poplar.