PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Art

Vaughan Raymond
11-21-2007, 7:11 PM
I have a customer that wants a Dragon engraved on a shower door 7 feet by 2 feet. Does any one have some clip art of a long, skinny dragon they would like to share?

Joe Pelonio
11-21-2007, 7:22 PM
Seems a little odd for a shower door, but i guess we do what they want.

The dragon on the left is a stained glass one the we did here. I still have it in the shop window. Unfortunately the art I have would not work for engraving. Try the file at the bottom for some.

http://members.aol.com/bisjoe/dragfish.jpg

Eric Jackson
11-21-2007, 7:41 PM
I am sorry that I cannot help with the dragon clipart, but I read your entry and was puzzled!! You can engrave a 7'x2' door?????? Please tell me how you are going to do it. I am new in the industry, and only have an Epilog Helix 35w. Thanks, Eric

George Elston
11-21-2007, 7:41 PM
This is from the "free patterns" by ARPOP site that somebody mentioned in a previous thread. You will probably need to put it through VectorMagic to size up to a shower door.

Sandra Force
11-21-2007, 7:46 PM
Raymond,

What make are you running and do you run into lines when doing something that size? When I have run larger than 3'x3' on glass I have sometimes gotten deeper engraving in a small band in the design. :confused:

Try this site: www.wisegorilla.com/images/dragons

Vaughan Raymond
11-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Thank you everyone for your replys. For those that asked, I convinced a router/laser manufacturer (Camtech) to build me a CNC router combined with a laser.

It's a 52" x 104" bed and I can change over from laser to router in about 10 minutes.

That's how I do shower doors.

Tom Bull
11-21-2007, 10:43 PM
So do you actually engrave with the laser or use it to cut mask and then sandblast? Do you engrave and then temper or engraved the tempered glass? Sounds like a very cool set-up.

Kerry Smith II
11-22-2007, 1:27 AM
Here are a few, I have another one on my office comp but probably won't be back til after the holiday weekend.

Vaughan Raymond
11-22-2007, 11:31 AM
So do you actually engrave with the laser or use it to cut mask and then sandblast? Do you engrave and then temper or engraved the tempered glass? Sounds like a very cool set-up.

I engrave tempered glass. It leaves it with shards that are very sharp. Then I scrape it all off with a razor. I don't get different depths like you can with sandblasting but by using Photograv, I get a good effect.

Bill Cunningham
11-22-2007, 9:55 PM
I have a load of dragons... My favorite is the one in the picture here.. If you PM me i will send you a .zip of a bunch I just don't have them on my house computer..

Richard Dragin
11-23-2007, 2:33 PM
Did someone say Dragins?

Vaughan Raymond
11-23-2007, 2:41 PM
Halarious!