PDA

View Full Version : text colorfill

pat bogarin
11-21-2007, 6:16 PM
Hi everyone. can someone tell me what is the best way to colorfill text?
i have tried rub n buf but not with the results i want. i need a gold foil color.

thanks,
Pat Bogarin

Mike Null
11-21-2007, 8:10 PM
Pat

What is the material you are engraving?

Alan Young
11-21-2007, 8:55 PM
Pat

A good question. I would like to ask others what has worked and what has not. Maybe this could turn into a good resource.

Like Mike has asked material will dictate what will work as well has the area being filled.

I have had good luck with the Rub-n-Buff for small areas like text but it has not worked well for large engravings because I find it hard to get an even coat. Plus I wonder just how long it will last since I am not sure what the stuff is. I suspect it is some kind of wax.

Paint has worked well if the material is sealed so that it does not bleed. I have found that acrylic paints seems better then oil. I just used some white acrylic Texture Medium to fill some text on a project because it is real thick and dries rock hard and can be sanded. Worked great and it can be colored. Got it at Hobby Lobby

Next

Alan

Bill Cunningham
11-22-2007, 9:07 PM
Real bright metallic gold, is best achieved with gold Leaf.. This can be put into place with a fine brush, then sealed with a clear laquer.. Usually available at art stores, even Michaels has it..