PDA

View Full Version : apple ply, prefinished ply, philly area

Kenny King
11-20-2007, 5:17 PM
What is a good source for ApplePly and prefinished ply in the philly area?

I found out that Tague has apple ply. They don't have prefinished ply though.

How about hardwood ply's, cabinet grade? Do you know if any supplier that carries cabinet grade cherry veneer ply? How should I specify? I've heard the terms Lumber core and veneer core.

thanks,
Ken

Steve Bagi
11-20-2007, 5:21 PM
I've had good luck with Russell Plywood in Reading.

Larry Fox
11-20-2007, 9:17 PM
I've had good luck with Russell Plywood in Reading.

I agree with Steve - Russell (although I use the one in Wilmington).

Wes Bischel
11-20-2007, 9:28 PM
If you're heading to Reading, also check Industrial Plywood - they are just across the river from Russell.:D

Wes

(same exit off 422, via 222 and the turnpike)

Tim Quigley
11-21-2007, 1:50 AM
I've ordered from Industrial out of their Lewistown operation with great results. Decent prices and wonderfull service. Had my wife drive down there with the pickup a few months back and they treated her exceptionally. I assume Reading will be just as good. Website is: http://www.industrialplywood.com/

Also, when I lived in Montgomery County just above Philly I got great stuff from CHBriggs just outside of Quakertown. THey also have an operation in Reading and down in Maryland. http://www.chbriggs.com/

Good luck!
TQ

Kenny King
11-21-2007, 10:12 AM
thanks very much for the helpful responses.

Ken

John Stevens
11-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Do any of these places sell retail? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Industrial, Russell and Briggs all sold to folks who had accounts & tax numbers.

Regards,

John

Tim Quigley
11-22-2007, 10:42 AM
When I lived outside Philly, I called CHBriggs and told them I was a "part time" woodworker. They were more than happy to set up an account. It was great b/c I was close enough that they delivered for about $25 as I recall. I don't think they take customers at their location.

Industrial here in Lewistown was even easier. I called up to place an order and they didn't even bother with an account. Also had their sales rep stop by my house with a catalog and calendar for me. Just wonderfull all the way around. They also will sell to you from the warehouse (at least in Lewistown).

Just give them a call...your money is green just like the pros...oh and you will probably pay on the spot rather than on terms...so they might just like you more.

Tim

Paul McIntyre
11-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Russel Plywood in Wilmington will sell retail to you. They will take your name and address and create an account for you, but they will do this for anyone who buys any amount. Their salesman will even give you a call and help you out. They had very good pricing from what I could find out. I got Prefinished 3/4 Maple for only $72/sheet. The local lumberyard wanted $120 for unfinished.

Paul

Larry Fox
11-23-2007, 10:02 AM
yeah - Russell is more than happy to set up a cash-and-carry account for anyone.