PDA

View Full Version : Help: Adjusting tension on G0555

Ray Dockrey
02-14-2004, 2:41 AM
I just got the riser block on and cannot for the life of me get the tension to act right. The only way i can get the tension to change is by loosening the set screw on the top collar and holding the collar while I turn the tension knob. I know this isn't right and am afraid I may have it all out of whack. I know I can call Griz on Monday, but I was hoping that somebody here might be able to help. Thanks in advance.

David Durgy
02-14-2004, 6:36 AM
I plan on putting mine on this weekend so I'll be following your post. I got it correct right off the bat out of the box which means I'm far luckier than I am good. :D

John Strait
02-14-2004, 8:14 AM
Ray,

Here is the reply I received from Grizzly last fall when I had the same problem. It worked in resolving the tension issue I had.

The tension bolt should have 7 inches of thread. If that is the case then
the upper block on the bolt needs to be adjusted so there is 1/4 inch of
threads above the upper block. Then adjust the lower block so there is 1/4
inch of thread in between blocks. This should help the tension on your
blade. The blade used on the G0555 with riser block is 105 inches and uses
92 1/2 to 93 1/2 inch blades without riser block.

Good luck,
john

Julie Wright
02-14-2004, 8:23 AM
I got the same answer too. 1/4" below top threads and 1/4" between the tenson blocks. then when all else fails take a break. after my break it all of a sudden worked. I am using TW blades.

Good Luck..

Ray Dockrey
02-14-2004, 9:46 AM
When you say blocks are you talking about the the round collars that have the set screws in them? The ones that sit above and below the tension release mechanism. Thanks for all the help.

John Strait
02-14-2004, 9:57 AM
When you say blocks are you talking about the the round collars that have the set screws in them? The ones that sit above and below the tension release mechanism. Thanks for all the help.

Yes, those are the ones they are talking about.

john

Ray Dockrey
02-16-2004, 2:40 PM
John and Julie, Thanks so much for the quick replies. I realized that I was doing it right, just didn't know it. Thanks again for all the help.

Prashun Patel
06-21-2011, 10:46 AM
7 years later...

I just got the riser block and had this very issue yesterday. This solved it perfectly.

I love SMC.