PDA

View Full Version : Rout-R-lift problem

Don Morris
11-20-2007, 12:51 PM
After a number of years of good service my Rout-R-lift all of a sudden is giving me problems raising my PC 7518 yesterday. I can lower it all the way and raise it to a certain point then it becomes very difficult, almost impossible to turn. When I rotate the unit out and hold it horizontally and assure nothing is blocking it, it is easy to turn and fully capable of raising all the way up and down the full extent. When lowered and vertical (and I looked, there is nothing blocking it) I can lower it all the way but can only raise it to the same point then it becomes difficult to turn the handle again. I've called Jessem Customer Service...they're not in... I think I have a gear problem, but maybe one of you have had a similar problem and could give me a clue or tell me what's going on.

Thanks for any input!

Jim Becker
11-20-2007, 2:28 PM
This may be an "unrefined" question, but have you checked that there is no gunk/dust built up on the raise/lower mechanism?

John Lucas
11-20-2007, 3:07 PM
Along Jim's line of reasoning, take some WD-40 spray and give all the gears and threaded rods a good cleaning...I mean dont leave any sawdust or gunk in there. Then try running up and down...it should work...if it does lube with a dry lubricant.

Don Morris
11-20-2007, 7:14 PM
Yep, I've tried all that. Blew out all the dust with my air compressor and lightly lubed the mechanism. Maybe works a little better, but that could be my imagination. It lowered and raised to that same point again but once at that point it cramps up and doesn't want to raise any farther. That point is about 1/2 way up. I've inspected the unit and see no obvious flaws. The bars on which it slides seem fine. The screw threads seem clear and the only thing I can think of at this time is the little housing that the handle goes through and links up to the belt drive must have something wrong in it (gear problem). No answer yet from Jessem Customer Service.

Craig Thompson
11-20-2007, 9:32 PM
Don,

Double check the belt itself... it may 'look' in good order, but they tend to 'strip out'. The belts ribs give way like in a boats impeller. I replaced mine several times.. Simply a vacuum belt. You should be able to pick one up at the local repair shop.. should be a chunk cheaper then having them send you one.

Craig