PDA

View Full Version : Hot Glue Gun

John Powers
11-19-2007, 11:02 PM
I use one for making sets for my daughters school plays and lots of other things. Got an Arrow from HD but it drips constantly. What's a good replacement that is dripless and uses standard stix. thanks

Rob Will
11-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Good question but I've not seen one.

Rob

John Lucas
11-20-2007, 4:40 AM
It's a nuisance and I dont know which product does any better. Try backing the stick out a bit after using it. Mine is held in place by a rubber hood and there is enough play for me to do this...it still leaks but not as much.

Rick Gibson
11-20-2007, 9:23 AM
I've got a Mastercraft one, that's a Canadian Tire home brand up here. It drips a little but not excessively. I think it's the nature of the beast, turn something solid into a semi liquid and a hole at the bottom it's going to drip. I live with it and put it someplace where the drips won't matter.

Todd Burch
11-20-2007, 9:54 AM
If I found a hot glue gun that didn't drip, didn't leak internally, and I didn't have to be Popeye to squeeze the trigger, I would buy it.

I worked on a project recently where I needed to cover large areas thoroughly and quickly, and my forearm about gave out trying to move fast.

(I would have posted a picture, but my picture's file size of 148K exceeded this web site's limit of 107.8 KB.)

Todd