PDA

View Full Version : Is this where I post end grain cutting boards?

Mack Cameron
11-19-2007, 8:06 PM
The plans for the first 3 have been taken from WOOD mag. Oct. '06. Hard maple, cherry & walnut.

This is my interpretation of the Wood Whisperer's end grain cutting board. Maple and purple heart. Are you dizzy yet?

Alex Elias
11-19-2007, 8:50 PM
Those are some great cutting boards. I made 2 last year and gave one to mom and sold the one that was going to be my wifes, I did give the wife the $100 I got for it so she was happy. I like to make some more but being lazy and having lots of fun with the lathe.
Wood Mag came up with the last issue and a lazy Susan version of it.
Congrats

Randy Klein
11-19-2007, 8:55 PM
Are you dizzy yet?

Yes, especially the last one...

Bill Huber
11-19-2007, 9:51 PM
Nice looking boards, I have 3 in the clamps right now and orders for 4 more. that will make 30 this year.
Here are a few of mine.

http://www.pbase.com/wlhuber/shop

Marc just got something started........

John Timberlake
11-20-2007, 7:31 AM
Great looking cutting boards. Love the patterns.

Josh Youngman
11-20-2007, 7:56 AM
I notice alot of people put blood/drip grooves on end grain cutting boards. I personally think this is a bad idea. For most users who neglect their cutting boards, most of the time the board is going to be dry (ie. not oiled in a long time, cleaned with dishsoap etc). I would think that cutting a nice juicy roast beef on a endgrain board would be asking for trouble. All that blood is going to soak right into the end grain the same way the finish / oil soaks in.

This cant be good.

I use my end grain for chopping vegetables only.

Thoughts?

Robert Goodwin
11-20-2007, 1:10 PM
Is my favorite. I like the others as well, but the last one is more appealing to my eye.