PDA

View Full Version : Shop Cabinets

James Manning
11-19-2007, 7:12 PM
I have been working on shop cabinets for storage. Below are some pic's of the progress, I built more drawers than doors because I got some really nice bb slides (gliderite) off ebay for 3 bucks a pair. I have 10 more drawers to build in this run and then I will start on the wall with the mitersaw station.

Paul Greathouse
11-19-2007, 7:35 PM
Great job James,

Looks like a modified version of Norms shop cabinets. Last year I built Norms Workshop Hutch and the Miter Bench and storage for my new shop. I also got some full extension Gliderite slides from Ebay. They are top quality slides.

Norman Hitt
11-19-2007, 7:42 PM
James, the Cabinets, (and the whole shop) really look great. I have the same type paneling (at least it looks the same) on the bottom 52" of my shop walls as you do, but with a combination of drywall and osb on the top portion.

You were lucky that you already had the electrical in though, or you wouldn't have been able to put the Ckt Brkr Panel where you have it due to the 30" x 30" clear space Code.;)

Looks Great. Keep the Pics coming.

Sean Troy
11-19-2007, 7:47 PM
WOW ! What a nice looking job. There is only one problem. The shop is way to clean.

James Manning
11-19-2007, 7:57 PM
Paul, Norman thanks for the kind words. Norman I plan on reworking that whole corner, trying to talk the LOML into a nice small flat-panel to hang up on the wall for christmas. ;)

Scott Kilroy
11-19-2007, 8:16 PM
Way too clean.

Nice job.

Jim Fox
11-19-2007, 8:19 PM
Great looking cabinets! Got those on my list for the new shop too. Wish I would of save NYW video on my DVR for his shop cabinets. Are they built similar to Norm's on NYW?

Alex Elias
11-19-2007, 8:40 PM
Nice. I could benefit from something like that. It is inspireing to see what happend if I put my lazy rear to work. On the other end if my shop looks like yours I'll loose all my exercise, I will have nothing to jump over every other step and things to lift when looking for something. I guess I'll keep it as is for a while.
Congrats

Jim Becker
11-19-2007, 8:57 PM
Wow...great cabinets there, James!!! Awesome storage.

frank shic
11-19-2007, 9:00 PM
good job, james! i also built mainly drawer stacks for the base cabinets and did not edgeband the door drawer fronts either.

Steven Bolton
11-19-2007, 9:05 PM
Very nice, better than many kitchens.

How did you construct the drawers?

sb

Jude Tuliszewski
11-19-2007, 9:16 PM
Very nice cabinets, I bet your already enjoying the storage space. Doing something like that is on my mile long list of things to do.

Bill Huber
11-19-2007, 9:23 PM
Great looking set up, I love all the drawers and place to put things.
I have found that if I have a place for everything then when it comes time to clean up the shop it goes so much faster. That is if I can remember where it all goes.

James Manning
11-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Great looking cabinets! Got those on my list for the new shop too. Wish I would of save NYW video on my DVR for his shop cabinets. Are they built similar to Norm's on NYW?

Jim,

I did see the show where norm built his shop cabinets and I liked the clean lines so I made me a set similar to his.:)

Todd Jensen
11-19-2007, 10:03 PM
:mad:
I've got nothing but hatred and mean looks for you.

:DOk, the jealousy will pass. Looks great. I wish I had that much space, that much storage, that nice of cabinets, and that clean of a shop. Ok, the last part I go back and forth on, but kudos on the rest of it.:cool:

James Manning
11-19-2007, 10:05 PM
WOW ! What a nice looking job. There is only one problem. The shop is way to clean.

Sean,

Yes my shop is clean, I have to keep it that way because LOML will get after me if my lil shop helper (4 yr old son) gets into anything and gets hurt.

James Manning
11-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Very nice, better than many kitchens.

How did you construct the drawers?

sb

Steve,

The drawers are simple but joints with some glue for good measure and stapled together with 1" staples. The drawer bottoms are hard-board for the first drawer in each bank and 1/2 ply in the rest of the drawers, all bottoms are dadoed into the sides, front and back.

James Manning
11-19-2007, 10:14 PM
:mad:
I've got nothing but hatred and mean looks for you.

:DOk, the jealousy will pass. Looks great. I wish I had that much space, that much storage, that nice of cabinets, and that clean of a shop. Ok, the last part I go back and forth on, but kudos on the rest of it.:cool:

Thanks Todd,:D

I do not get as much done as I would like sometimes, this shop has taken on a life on it's own. Alot of the neighbors seem to find their way over here, especially the wives, they are curious to what I am working on.:)

Prashun Patel
11-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Beautiful. I particularly like the tv and the vintage vhs storage box ;)