PDA

View Full Version : Robert Hainstock

robert hainstock
11-19-2007, 10:30 AM
CORIAN PENS: I picked up a couple scraps of corian at the local glass and kitchen shop last week. I asked the proprieter for colorful scraps, and he gave me thes two colors. Like all man mades, it suffers drill breakout, so I wound up cutting the blanks 2 1/2 in long, drilling 7mm and cutting to length. The material machines well with tool steel , but carbide would be better. please comment!http://my pictures/corian pens

robert hainstock
11-19-2007, 10:32 AM
picture didn't copy, back to the drawing board.:eek:

Ken Fitzgerald
11-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Robert,

Earlier this year I turned a couple of corian pens for my manager who was recalled to active duty military service. I found I had blowout with it when drilling it. I tried making sure I was clearing the hole and not trying to drill too fast, using a new bit, etc. In the end I cut the blanks too long, drilled them and cut them to length. I used a skew to rough and finish the pens and it worked wonderfully!

robert hainstock
11-19-2007, 10:45 AM
ken,
extra length seems to be the way to go. I'm still struggling with pix loading. Thought I had it figured out, but not yet.:(

Ken Fitzgerald
11-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Robert,

Start your thread. Scroll down to the bottom select "Manage attachments" When the new window opens up it will tell you the "max size" you can upload depending on the format your photo is. Locate the photo on your hd and upload it. Then close the window...DO NOT TRY TO PREVIEW THE MESSAGE or the photo won't load. Select Submit Reply. And it should be there.

Good luck!