PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis Peacock
11-19-2007, 8:30 AM
Good Morning
19 Nov 2007

As I think ahead just a bit - HAPPY THANKSGIVING To All Of You..!!!!!

I'm in a better mood today because I'm no longer oncall for the day job.
The only thing I got done this past weekend was cutting some logs into bowl and hollow form blanks as well as getting the lacquer sprayed on 1 of the 2 wine cabinets. The customer will drop by tonight and pick up the first cabinet and take it home......in other words, getting it out of my shop. :)

I wish all of you the best and happiest Thanksgiving Holiday of them all.

So what did YOU do this weekend???

Best of weeks to you all.

Charles Wiggins
11-19-2007, 8:40 AM
Good Morning
19 Nov 2007

As I think ahead just a bit - HAPPY THANKSGIVING To All Of You..!!!!!

I'm in a better mood today because I'm no longer oncall for the day job.
The only thing I got done this past weekend was cutting some logs into bowl and hollow form blanks as well as getting the lacquer sprayed on 1 of the 2 wine cabinets. The customer will drop by tonight and pick up the first cabinet and take it home......in other words, getting it out of my shop. :)

I wish all of you the best and happiest Thanksgiving Holiday of them all.

So what did YOU do this weekend???

Best of weeks to you all.

Dennis,

Happy Thanksgiving week to you. BTW: How's the smoking cessation going? I had not seen you mention it in a while.

What I accomplished: No WW :(. I'm still nursing a crick in my neck that's moved into my shoulder :mad:.

I did get all the leaves from the back yard blown and raked, and vacuumed up from around the back door and down across the road to the neighborhood 'compost heap'. So I got to use my shop vac for SOMETHING this weekend :rolleyes:.

Got all of the laundry done. (My main contribution to weekly chores.)

Watched some WW videos online (Wood Whisperer and Fine WW) :).

Bill Bryant
11-19-2007, 8:51 AM
I pulled my Delta contractor's saw apart, straighted the trunnion rods, adjusted everything that could be adjusted, and ended up right back where I started--with a saw blade that changes planes when I raise and lower it.

Dennis Peacock
11-19-2007, 9:53 AM
Charles,

Thanks for asking.!!!!!
Never smoked and don't think I ever will. :)

However, I've chewed some form of tobacco since age 12. I'm still quit and haven't picked it up. I've been chewing the "fire" out of chewing gum though. :D
While the temptation is there at high stress times, I've been able to shake it off and stick with the idea of "I'm a quitter". ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
11-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Dennis, Hang tough Bro! I'm proud of you!

This weekend I managed between multiple bouts of vertigo to get most of the electrical finished in my shop. I have only 4 more outlets to install in the ceiling. I'd have got them installed but vertigo attacks at an elevation of 10' above the floor is not cool or safe!

Got educated on HDTV and am now trying to juggle my DC setup and budget so Santa can surprise little disappointed Sharon.:)

Joe Mioux
11-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Worked at my real job, nothing new there. It's the life of a small bus owner.

I did make some progress on the outdoor dining table. I inlayed some patches in the old wood and added some butterflies to stabilize the table top. That was fun.

Joe

JayStPeter
11-19-2007, 3:00 PM
This was a pretty good weekend for woodworking. I spent a good long day downloading/learning/and entering my latest project into Sketchup. The final drawing of the garden bench includes the joinery.
Then, I spent a few hours in the shop cutting the real blanks and starting the joinery. I'm hoping the extra time spent up front will allow me to finish this thing in record time, since it is a Christmas present.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Leland Berry
11-20-2007, 7:37 AM
Entertained a toothache from Sat AM 'til Mon noon.----If you have a toothache
it must be the weekend.

Tyler Howell
11-20-2007, 8:05 AM
Hey Dennis,
Hang in there on the chew buddy! We got your back.
Been a while. I was up bumpin around in the woods at the new place all last week. Now all mine for one year.
Helped a neighbor drag a deer out of the woods. A first for me
Put time in in the shop.
Worked on the tractor. Did some wiring and demo on the master suite.

Met a whole bunch of great folks. I helped make chili for 150 people at the Winter Gathering, a local festival.
Have a great week and a Happy Thanks giving.
TJH

Matt Meiser
11-20-2007, 8:09 AM
Helped my dad get a little further on his transmission rebuilt, got the camper wrapped in a tarp for the winter and tied down with 23,485 elastic cords, and worked on the easel I'm making my daughter for Christmas. I've now got the main legs and the frame for the magnetic whiteboard made but I need to to make another frame for a chalkboard. I actually cut all the pieces for both at the same time, but while routing the rabbet in the one for the chalkboard I managed to ruin both sides rails.

Jim Becker
11-20-2007, 2:53 PM
Saturday was spent at about 33,000 feet traveling home from the UK. We did watch a family movie (Wish Upon A Star) before I crashed for the evening. Sunday, I did get in the shop a little, but it was largely spent very quickly creating a 16" table top for a close friend...his wife bought a very nice basket and wants to use it for a small table between two chairs. I cut a top out of an 8/4 slab of black walnut I had and did all the rough surfacing, etc., for him. He will be taking care of the finish, but using BLO and shellac. Here's the end result off the bench...

Dan Barr
11-20-2007, 3:22 PM
I managed to get some work done on the hutch i am building for a client.

In the first pic im just dry fitting to check for square and to check the alignment on the dados, joints and edges. in the second and third pic's the shelf and dividers are glued but the top is not. its just on there to align the joints for after i put the panels in the dividers and the back and am ready to glue the top on.

I also managed to go to the hospital TWICE! i dropped my chisel on the workbench and it bounced up and cut the webbing on my right hand between the thumb and index finger. 5 stitches.

Then, a day later, I had a pocket knife fold on my pinky finger.
6 stitches.

Very unlucky lately, but the actual woodworking is going very well.

:D

v/r

dan

Pat Evans
11-20-2007, 6:30 PM
No woodworking, but a MAJOR accomplishment. Finally convinced the wife to retire. After 12/28, no more oncall ever!

Charles Wiggins
11-20-2007, 6:32 PM
No woodworking, but a MAJOR accomplishment. Finally convinced the wife to retire. After 12/28, no more oncall ever!

Yay!!! Yipee!!!

Kent E. Matthew
11-20-2007, 7:13 PM
This is not one weekend it's about 5.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c56/Goose5/aftershop1.jpg

Now all I have to do is fill it with tools. Maybe I will have a functional work shop before I retire.

Brad Noble
11-20-2007, 7:35 PM
Well, lets see. First, I helped my Son-in-law load a perfectly nice 16' trunk of black walnut that is 18" across at the bottom (just the dark wood, not sap) and 16" across at the top onto his trailer and take it to his farm. I know a guy who will buy it from him for veneering. Oh, and he has three more trees, all of them larger and even nicer than this one.

Next, I got my new to me Craftsman 9" Radial Arm Saw together out in my shop. Seems good and tight and lines up real well.

Then I helped the neighbor boy (actually young man) cut some dado's for some shelves he's building. Good times.

Spent the rest of my free time moving things around in the shop and cleaning up. You know, the usual stuff. This weekend will be a four day'er for me. Thanksgiving day we go to my wifes family for eats and Friday I have a feeling I may be taking the wife and my two daughters shopping at least for a while. Then the weekend belongs to me. Got to make some mouldings for my oldest daughter and some storage cabinets for my wifes kitchen and ....... and ........ and ....... etc.

Again, good times.

Brad

Tom Cowie
11-20-2007, 7:53 PM
Found out that I picked up some Kidney stones somewhere and I'll say that getting rid of them sure isn't fun:eek:

I went hunting with my sons and I hope to be in the shop some this week.

Great vacation so far :)

Tom